Who can I contact about problems receiving mail?

Hi. I have a problem receiving LinkedIn confirmation mails to my spamcop mailbox. LinkedIn is saying that my emails are bounced. As far as I understand, mail servers are not handled by spamcop itself but by a third party. Whom am I supposed to contact to check this problem?

Hi herouth, contact the email support with the detail - either through the "problem" button which I believe is in the webmail interface or email to support[at]cesmail.net. You should get a ticket number as your first response.

Hi herouth, contact the email support with the detail - either through the "problem" button which I believe is in the webmail interface or email to support[at]cesmail.net. You should get a ticket number as your first response.

Thank you!

Hi. I have a problem receiving LinkedIn confirmation mails to my spamcop mailbox. LinkedIn is saying that my emails are bounced. As far as I understand, mail servers are not handled by spamcop itself but by a third party. Whom am I supposed to contact to check this problem?

Sound like your ISP/third party is blocking your email though? Try using Gmail to *send* your email and dump your ISP as a email "service".

• 5 months later...

was this problem with receiving linkedin confirmation messages ever resolved? because i am having the same issue. i've been using spamcop through the webmail interface, so it can't be any problem with my isp like petzl suggested.

One possibility (if the mail is direct to your Spamcop mail addie) is that you have greylisting switched on and the linkedin mail server can't handle the retries.

Try putting linkedin.com (I suppose) in your personal whitelist

• 1 month later...

was this problem with receiving linkedin confirmation messages ever resolved? because i am having the same issue. i've been using spamcop through the webmail interface, so it can't be any problem with my isp like petzl suggested.

I opened a trouble ticket with LinkedIn and got this response:

We apologize for the inconvenience; however we are unable to send confirmation email to spamcop.net at this time. Our Customer Service Center uses different communication system - this is why you can still receive messages from LinkedIn Customer Service to this e-mail.

One of the possible reasons we do not send email to this domain is either, but not limited to: we noticed significant fraudulent activity from this domain, this domain does not have real users, your email administrator requested us to block all emails or your email administrator does not accept our emails.

In any case please request your email administrator to look into the issue or please choose a different email address to register on your LinkedIn account.

Some of those reasons are obviously bogus, but I cannot categorically rule them all out. SO I just opened a ticket with spamcop email (using the form in webmail) so maybe I will learn something more.

I opened a trouble ticket with LinkedIn and got this response:

Some of those reasons are obviously bogus, but I cannot categorically rule them all out. SO I just opened a ticket with spamcop email (using the form in webmail) so maybe I will learn something more.

I got a fairly rapid response from Spamcop support but it took me awhile to get back here. Here's the response:

There are several companies that do not send mail to any email address with the word spam in it. The 'support' people are unlikely to be aware of that as it is usually a decision made by the network people.

Many years ago there was a briefly popular idea that people should put the word spam in their email addresses and then humans would just remove it to send them mail. Of course this was a terrible idea and lots of email addresses with the word spam wound up subscribing to this or that and of course those email addresses bounced and postmaster/network people got fed up and just added code to their outbounds that dropped any mail to email addresses with the word spam in them.

There is nothing we can do about companies that will not send email to any email address with the word spam in the address. The generic explanation your received does not have anything to do with why their system won't register the address and arguing with the customer support people is unlikely to do any good.

--

SpamCop Support

As the message says, arguing with the support people is unlikely to do any good, but I may follow up so MAYBE the support people will take it up with the network people. I guess I would care more if I actually WORKED for spamcop...

P.S.: I have several Internet domains registered, and almost all of my banking/financial email goes to a unique email address in one domain instead of my spamcop address. One institution refused to send email to that domain because it ends in ".ORG" -- their only explanation was that they refuse to send financial email to .ORG. No sensible reason was given for that decision. That particular institution didn't question my spamcop.net address. :P

I got a fairly rapid response from Spamcop support but it took me awhile to get back here. Here's the response:

<snip>

...Thanks, Tommy! :) <g>

...Actually, that wasn't SpamCop support, that was CES support -- that's a different company, although CES offers the service called SpamCop e-mail.

...Marking this topic as "Resolved."

Archived