Constantly reporting spam, but it doesn't decrease

dacapitan

Hello,

I have a domain that I forward all my email from to my gmail account.

Daily I get nearly 100 spam emails, and I report them all through spamcop.net account.

But there is no reduction in the spam I have. What can I do?

I notice a lot of it is coming from volumedrive.com.

Hello,

I have a domain that I forward all my email from to my gmail account.

Daily I get nearly 100 spam emails, and I report them all through spamcop.net account.

But there is no reduction in the spam I have. What can I do?

I notice a lot of it is coming from volumedrive.com.

A sample SpamCop reporting link helps?

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5496748705zc...3b6579b28f650fz

Your best defense is attack

Gmail are very good at separating "spam from ham" your inbox should be clean?

A look at a report can show you how to be even better than SpamCop using SpamCop

• 3 weeks later...

Yep, sometimes I wonder why I'm bothering to report anything to SpamCop. e.g. this persistent spammer:

e.g. http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=gettrac...rtid=5953643863

Persistently reporting it to SpamCop has no effect.

If he is using a mail server that sends a very small amount of spam, then his spam would be a small percentage of the mail processed by that server

Unfortunately you posted your reporting ID for that email. No one here is able to open that.

You need to post the Tracking URL then we can do a bit more research on the subject

See the following entry for more information:

TrackingURL

If he is using a mail server that sends a very small amount of spam, then his spam would be a small percentage of the mail processed by that server

How do I know how much spam they send to other people? Why do I care? They're spamming me every single solid day. How is that not something that SpamCop should put a stop to?

How do I know how much spam they send to other people? Why do I care? They're spamming me every single solid day. How is that not something that SpamCop should put a stop to?

If you can give a accessible tracking link someone may be able to advise?

Your email provider if any good, should offer some spam protection

Hi, danorton,

<snip>

How is that not something that SpamCop should put a stop to?

...Unfortunately, you seem to have been misled as to what SpamCop is. SpamCop does not have the power to stop spam. If you would like more information, please look through some of the entries in the SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page), for example:
  • Overview of SpamCop Services (currently under revision)
  • How does SpamCop reporting work? [perhaps overly optimistic about the effectiveness of reporting, at least for a single user -- it generally seems to take a number of us all reporting a single source to have an impact!]
  • Why did my spam load increase after I started Reporting?
  • What is on the list?

...There are also a number of useful entries in the SPAMCOPWIKI (aka SCWiki or SpamCop Wiki) to which there are also links near the top of each SpamCop Forum page.

The SCbl works in accordance to the rules described (though possibly outdated in some specifics) in http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/297.html

No mystery there at all. If you believe the deputies should be rebalancing specific IP addresses in accordance with the first rule listed (about the only one with any wriggle space) - "SCBL lists IP addresses with a large number of reports relative to reputation points. The SpamCop team manually balances the threshold in an effort to make the list as accurate as possible." - then write to them. But if it turns out there are not many spam reports from different reporters (and no spamtrap hits) then you will know why. But at least you will know.

One other note: SpamCop will not block any email unless someone in the mail stream is using the SpamCop Blocking List, even then the recommendation from SpamCop is not to totally block the messages but rather to flag them as spam or potential spam. Some mailserver do use the SCBL to totally block mail for the listed IP address. The problem is that there maybe a lot of valid message being process that would never be delivered.

If you simply want to keep them out of your inbox, simply set a filter on your mail client to filter the specific domains that you are having an issue with

Archived