Lotto-Destroyer and Quadranet

Jazzwineman

I am wondering how many people are getting this infuriating and phony spam about Lotto-Destroyer. First- a person or group that knows how to win the lotto would never sell it, but just go out and win the lotto.

There are complete and and phony emails using addresses in London (a river- when you look it up) hall st in Vegas and there is not even a Hall St in all of Vegas, an address in Romania (do I need to say more and most recently the same Hall St address, but in Los Angeles (with the zip code of 991463??).

These were originally coming from smartmail in London and I called and spoke to the owner and he closed a loophole they were exploiting. He then found a week later they had exploited another loophole and had to patch that as well.

However the major offender here is Quadranet. I have sent more than 100 complaints to them and through spamcops- with them using the exact same vlan ips ( 104.223.51.107, 104.223.51.98,104.223.51.65,104.223.51.97, 104.223.51.95) and nothing seems to be done. I wrote the Support & Facilities Manager , Andrew Moore,who took time to research the issue (as their abuse dept is worthless). He wrote me back with the following: "Hi There,
"Apologies for the delay in getting back with you on this – I have been reviewing this case.
As of right now, I am showing that this is indeed a repetitive issue and we have blocked outgoing mail from this VLAN.
Can you please let me know if the issue persists?"

Still we get these junky, waste of time, fraudulent emails  from the same ip's

I am wondering if anyone else is having the problem and why SPAMCOPS refuses to put a block on the vlan addresses that are continuing to be a source of fraud?

you can contact Andew  at andrew dot moore at quadranet.com 

The time has come to start blacklisting these organizations like Quadranet, take legal actin against them. Once they have been made aware of clear violations of their TOS and they know that an attempt at fraud or fraud is being committed- then in front of a jury they, I bet they will find a way to take action to put an end to this.

Comments and suggestions (beyond the banal or obvious) will be appreciated.

Tom in Dallas

1 hour ago, Jazzwineman said:

I am wondering if anyone else is having the problem and why SPAMCOPS refuses to put a block on the vlan addresses that are continuing to be a source of fraud?

Not to banal or obvious, but have you done a search in the forum or read the help on the spamcop.net site to learn that the SC block list blocks IP addresses not domains and is dynamic so that blocking of a given IP address may come and go depending the number and grouping of reports/hits on traps.

Perhaps a review of Spammer Rules would explain your conversation with "Andrew" quadranet and lighten the mood of this thread before it goes in the ditch.  Reading this forum and comparing the decorum with some other discussion groups may reveal a positive difference.

40 minutes ago, Lking said:

Not to banal or obvious, but have you done a search in the forum or read the help on the spamcop.net site to learn that the SC block list blocks IP addresses not domains and is dynamic so that blocking of a given IP address may come and go depending the number and grouping of reports/hits on traps.

Perhaps a review of Spammer Rules would explain your conversation with "Andrew" quadranet and lighten the mood of this thread before it goes in the ditch.  Reading this forum and comparing the decorum with some other discussion groups may reveal a positive difference.

I am aware of the spammer rules, but call me dumb, which one relates to my conversation with andrew? Quadranet is a data center (along with other activities) and profess the integrity of that center to maintain clients. If they acknowledge that the same ip addresses that are assigned to them are being used in a nefarious way and indicate they will handle it and block the use of those ips and then, low and behold, the spammer is able to get back in and misuse their system once again- what are we left to think. The ip address I have listed are the same ones they use over and over. Sorry- if I have rental property and someone decided to setup a meth lab there and I obtain knowledge and continue to let is exist- there are severe penalties under the law that can apply to me as well.

I would not expect SC to block a domain in this case and my argument it that there should have been enough hits to block the ip addresses. All the ip addresses were the same ones that they started using some 3 weeks ago.

Archived