Eudora yet again

OK, I have Eudora 6.2, so I'm already behind.

Nevertheless, I correctly expanded the header, selected the entire message, and submitted it to the URL http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn . It came back with an error that three locations didn't match and proceeded to show me what was in those three locations. Unless I'm missing something, ALL THREE matched perfectly. Characters/case/numbers.

I then tried submitting via email per the Eudora procedure and Spamcop sent me a "Headers mangled" error message.

So now I've started the conversion procedure and don't know how to proceed or back the hell out.

Help

OK, I have Eudora 6.2, so I'm already behind. 

Nevertheless, I correctly expanded the header, selected the entire message, and submitted it to the URL http://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn .  It came back with an error that three locations didn't match and proceeded to show me what was in those three locations.  Unless I'm missing something, ALL THREE matched perfectly.  Characters/case/numbers.

I then tried submitting via email per the Eudora procedure and Spamcop sent me a "Headers mangled" error message.

So now I've started the conversion procedure and don't know how to proceed or back the hell out. 

Help

20656[/snapback]

Send me a copy of the complete headers and text. Usually the problem is extra cr's or similar in the headers.

• 2 weeks later...
Send me a copy of the complete headers and text. Usually the problem is extra cr's or similar in the headers.

20659[/snapback]

I'm experiencing the same problem...but only with one account I use Eudora for. The other is inexplicably just fine even though it's the same program! Just the host is different.

Any suggestions?

Maybe read the stuff in the Topic you are posting in?  Ellen posted yet again the same data provided in the "Read before Posting" Pinned items .... so, have you performed that action yet?

21291[/snapback]

I thought that since this thread was started eleven months ago, the problem would be well known and results would now easily fall under the "very general responses" indicated in the pinned item your refer to.

But as you can see, I certainly did read the topic first. Give me a break here.

The very general response, which is within this forum is to try and remove any blank space from around the specific dat and try again and if that does not work, contact the deputies with mailhost in the subject.

It actually has very little to do with Eudora except that Eudora make returning the email a bit of a problem.

The problem is that some mail servers seem to fill whitespace on a line, rather than skip to the next line.

I thought that since this thread was started eleven months ago,

Nov 28 2004 doesn't quite sound like 11 months ... a bit closer to a couple of weeks perhaps?

As Steven pointed out, one of the "common" problems is the white-space issue, but then again, the description of the "problem" is usually a bit different. The originall poster here said "locations were wrong" .. which doesn't quite marry up with "codes don't match" .... Your original post of "have the same problem" didn't clear anything up and as you also see, the original poster never bothered to come back and relate whether the problem was solved or not, or even explain what the actual problem might have been. As evidenced in most of the posts within this Forum, access to the specific details is only available to Deputies and Admin staff ... the rest of "us" can only go with what's known ... and even those responses are guided by data provided in the query.

The problem is that some mail servers seem to fill whitespace on a line, rather than skip to the next line.

21344[/snapback]

I can understand that. The weird part is removing the white-space hasn't helped at all. As a last resort, I tried submitting the messages via e-mail and that worked without a problem.

Very strange, but I appreciate your thoughts.

Archived