spamcop report spam

kolor

Hi I would like ask why submit spam take long time for me .I have wait 15sek and more .

Please wait - subscribe to remove this delay
(or click reload if this page does not refresh automatically in 15 seconds.)

Members avoid this nag screen

And may some one say my account was taking for spamming list .I receive daily about 20 spam emails.

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6574419301z816fb052b6abe3b829fa414996c495cdz

https://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z6574419101zf66f10126ce5324c7884b4f2659356a0z

5 hours ago, kolor said:

Hi I would like ask why submit spam take long time for me .I have wait 15sek and more .

By adding "Fuel" will remove a delay from the process.

5 hours ago, kolor said:

I receive daily about 20 spam emails.

It would seem your email address is on the spammers list.  Submitting spam does not get your email off of the spammer's list.  It does, hopefully, get the spammer shut down.  The bad news is that spammers trade, sell their list of emails to each other.  From my experience spam of this type does seem to go in cycles, so like a kidney stone, this to "shell pass."

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/19/2019 at 12:33 PM, Lking said:

It does, hopefully, get the spammer shut down.  The bad news is that spammers trade, sell their list of emails to each other.

The spammers will try to change headers or unique identifiers to try to figure out who is reporting.  Hopefully they get shutdown first instead.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:42 PM, kolor said:

Thank you but I remember spamcop before use only 5 sek .Now I see do longer term,break for waiting to submit header.

About two decades ago, I was seeing it jump from 5 to around 70 seconds.  At that time there were factors such as DB speed and webservers and it would try to detect high loads and put in a higher time.  The amount of reports would change that wait number.

The spamgraph might be good for you to check out to see if that is still happening with the number of reports and the wait time.

https://www.spamcop.net/spamgraph.shtml?spamstats

13 hours ago, gnarlymarley said:

unique identifiers to try to figure out who is reporting.

You give them more credit than evidence I have seen.  Why spend the time and effort?  Which is more cost effective 1) Maintain some database/records to sort out 10 100 emails out of a 100,000 emails sent? or 2) Just change IP/ host when/if you get blocked?    For example I have been reporting ~20 years and my domain receives a hundred or so spam every day and I report them all.  If your suggestion were correct you would think by now even the dumbest spammer/bot/cartel would have figured out to RED flag my domain; or at least some of the mailboxes they spam.

I admit I have no controls or filters on the front end of my mail server so that everything is received.  I filter incoming locally, and report all the chaff.

Keep in mind, IMHO, most spammers or those running a bot farm, have bought or were given a tool, files of emails and content to send.  Not the sharpest knives in the drawer.  How often do you receive spam that has been mis configured?  "Dear   ," or "Hi <name>,"  Or some other obvious blank not filled in?    I am male.  I get spam for woman's underwear, morning sickness.  Lots of UK specific events   Those are the ones I spot among the drugs, sex, sunglasses and right wing and preppers..

Example 2) It level of smarts it takes to spam an anti-spam website AND not filter the forum out of the rotation after years and years  (I am assuming no one here clicks trough )

Just my observation.

What I observed for those years .Now spammer use I would say server where is not good configured .I received one day spam from Polish Police server.Gmail or big server more care now to protect they servers.

I spoke with team spamcop and they said me they like Polish people .Now reporting is more fast and convenient.(smile)

17 hours ago, Lking said:

If your suggestion were correct you would think by now even the dumbest spammer/bot/cartel would have figured out to RED flag my domain; or at least some of the mailboxes they spam.

It was only a handful of spammers that tried to figure out who I was.  They kept sending similar emails to my hotmail at the time while changing the To: header and a number at the bottom of the body.  Been a while since I have seen their attempt to detect me.

7 hours ago, kolor said:

Now reporting is more fast and convenient.(smile)

Awesome!

my mailhost is correct.Recently I noticed 2 emails which I can't report.I daily report about 20 emails .Spammer can do something wrong with this header.??

-----

SpamCop v 5.1.0 © 2019 Cisco Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.

No data found

I think something is wrong with  Spamcom submission form .Once see my header once not see the spam header .?????????? .

Edited by kolor

13 hours ago, kolor said:

I think something is wrong with  Spamcom submission form .Once see my header once not see the spam header .?????????? .

apparently, there was an issue between the database and one of the mail servers.  

Your tracking URL seems to be working for me now.