Jump to content
Jeff2019

SpamCop isn't working right with Outlook.com

Recommended Posts

OK I'm not totally new to SpamCop but I have taken some time off from using it.  But I tried to use it again tonight and I copied the headers from the View Source from the e-mail on Outlook's website.  I tried it with pasting them on the SpamCop website with the message below it.  I get a response from SpamCop that the headers weren't found but I DID post them in the part of the text box on the website so I'm not sure why it's not working now?

Can someone please help me out with this ongoing problem?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

problems with OUTLOOK is ongoing.  Have you searched for "OutLook" using the search tool in the upper right of this page?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jeff2019 said:

Can someone please help me out with this ongoing problem?

It's not SpamCop that's changed it's hotmail/outlook headers
hotmail/outlook have decided to conceal where your email comes from?
You need to go to their Blog/Facebook and ask? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, petzl said:

It's not SpamCop that's changed it's hotmail/outlook headers

Jeff2019,

i think I found the problem.  I got an email today from in my hotmail's outlook.com account where it seems that microsoft decided to add an extra space to some of the headers.  If you look at the below, the first received line is okay, but the second Received line has a space that is reserved for line wrapping.  I don't like it when companies refuse to follow RFCs.

Received: from MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (2603:10b6:5:190::40) by DM6PR14MB2170.namprd14.prod.outlook.com with HTTPS
 via DM6PR11CA0027.NAMPRD11.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM; Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:00:39 +0000
 Received: from MW2NAM10FT066.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.53) by MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.254) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,
 cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384) id 15.20.2430.20; Tue, 12 Nov
 2019 12:00:38 +0000

it should look like this as I had to remove the extra spaces from some of the lines:

Received: from MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (2603:10b6:5:190::40) by DM6PR14MB2170.namprd14.prod.outlook.com with HTTPS
 via DM6PR11CA0027.NAMPRD11.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM; Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:00:39 +0000
Received: from MW2NAM10FT066.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.53) by MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.254) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,
 cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384) id 15.20.2430.20; Tue, 12 Nov
 2019 12:00:38 +0000

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/12/2019 at 12:06 PM, gnarlymarley said:

Jeff2019,

i think I found the problem.  I got an email today from in my hotmail's outlook.com account where it seems that microsoft decided to add an extra space to some of the headers.  If you look at the below, the first received line is okay, but the second Received line has a space that is reserved for line wrapping.  I don't like it when companies refuse to follow RFCs.


Received: from MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (2603:10b6:5:190::40) by DM6PR14MB2170.namprd14.prod.outlook.com with HTTPS
 via DM6PR11CA0027.NAMPRD11.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM; Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:00:39 +0000
 Received: from MW2NAM10FT066.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.53) by MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.254) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,
 cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384) id 15.20.2430.20; Tue, 12 Nov
 2019 12:00:38 +0000

it should look like this as I had to remove the extra spaces from some of the lines:


Received: from MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (2603:10b6:5:190::40) by DM6PR14MB2170.namprd14.prod.outlook.com with HTTPS
 via DM6PR11CA0027.NAMPRD11.PROD.OUTLOOK.COM; Tue, 12 Nov 2019 12:00:39 +0000
Received: from MW2NAM10FT066.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.53) by MW2NAM10HT110.eop-nam10.prod.protection.outlook.com
 (10.13.154.254) with Microsoft SMTP Server (version=TLS1_2,
 cipher=TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384) id 15.20.2430.20; Tue, 12 Nov
 2019 12:00:38 +0000

 

So how do I fix it each time?  I just saw the replies to my question tonight cause it got filtered into the Junk folder so I found it in there and marked it as Not Junk.  I'm using MailWasher too, does that report it to SpamCop correctly?  I never get the reports back from Spamcop with that e-mail software so I hope it works right!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jeff2019 said:

I'm using MailWasher too, does that report it to SpamCop correctly?

Yes MailWasher will send it correctly to SpamCop.
If Microsoft are not forming headers correctly it will go to bit bin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Jeff2019 said:

So how do I fix it each time?  I just saw the replies to my question tonight cause it got filtered into the Junk folder so I found it in there and marked it as Not Junk.

Me too, so sorry about my late reply.  I also noticed that some of the messages are coming in without proper line endings.  How I am fixing it is to copy the message to notepad (on windows) and if I see no line wrapping, then I paste into word pad, then select all, and past into notepad.  Once done, I remove the space on the lines in front of the words (Received:, From:, X-, To:, Subject:, and Reply-To:).  The rest of the spaces should stay.  Once I cleaned up with the above header lines, I paste into spamcop and it accepts my submissions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×