Did Spamcop stop reporting spamvertised sites?

showker

for the last several months, spamcop reports do NOT reveal or report the spamvertised site.

Everyone knows it's no use reporting the SENDER of the email, and if it's AmazonAWS, CloudFlare, Google or DigitalOcean, it's no use reporting them anyway because they ignore reports.

It's the benefactor of the spam that needs to be reported and get blocked.

Why did Spamcop stop doing that ????

I am not sure what you mean.  The links in my reports are sent out and some of mine get a response from AWS or CloudFlare.  I think there is a limit of around eight links that will get reported.  Maybe this post could be what you are talking about Linsk are not parsed when Return-Path is empty?

2 hours ago, showker said:

for the last several months, spamcop reports do NOT reveal or report the spamvertised site.

Everyone knows it's no use reporting the SENDER of the email, and if it's AmazonAWS, CloudFlare, Google or DigitalOcean, it's no use reporting them anyway because they ignore reports.

It's the benefactor of the spam that needs to be reported and get blocked.

Why did Spamcop stop doing that ????

AmazonAWS won't accept SpamCop reports for starters. Possibly AmazonAWS is also where the links are?
Forward your spam to abuse[AT]amazonaws[DOT]com and paste headers and body as text as well

Need a Tracking URL to see

Edited by petzl

Yes, I understand that. Maybe I wasn't clear.  The target of the spam in most UCE is the culprit, NOT who mailed the email.

I'm talking about a spam where there's an obvious link, or redirect, to an obvious cyber criminal site, but Spamcop DOES NOT LIST IT to be reported.

There is a Drug Cartel who has scraped all AOL addresses.  Almost daily I get a spam from AOL promoting this or that "miracle" drug remedy" . . .  they often use celebrities like Dr. Oz, or Ellen or TV shows like "Shark Tank"

We have authenticated the claims by contacting some 30 celebrities they've hoaxed, and NONE of them endorses the product -- in fact, most of them did not know they were being spoofed.

Until recently, the spamvertised web site would ALWAYS be reported in the spam.  The next on to arrive would have a different site -- that way we knew they were reported and shut down.

Now, however, the spamvertised link is NOT included in the reports.  They've been back again and again from the SAME domains -- clear indication they are NOT getting shut down.

That was my question : Has Spamcop stopped reporting the spamvertised site.

8 hours ago, showker said:

Has Spamcop stopped reporting the spamvertised site

Not for me, but does have some links it cannot reach so dismisses them as fake, when I can access them on my browser.
But cannot with my text only browser (NetDemon) a text browser is what SpamCop would use in lookup

You perhaps need to try a few by manual spam reporting you will get a more effective result IMO.
You can also work out how to make the BOT SpamCop work better for you.
You need for windows two FreeWare programs.

IPNetInfo v1.95 (IPv4 lookup abuse contact, for IPv6 addresses I use SpamCop)
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/ipnetinfo_setup.exe  (direct download link)

Win32Whois (website registra abuse contact)
http://www.gena01.com/win32whois/

Edited by petzl