Feds: Notorious Seattle spammer indicted

Merlyn

Those are the comments of the three people in the known universe who don't want to lynch the little bugger - or maybe they're all just his mother using different (pseudo)nyms, a more believable proposition. If that woman had only kept her legs crossed ... still, there will be more to take his place and we can't blame their progenitors.

Except that you hear it all the time... Its a strange logic... its wrong if one person was to steal a $1,000 from another individual or business, but OK if 10,000 people each steal a penny from everyone with a computer AND annoy you at the same time.

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, it has been a long journey but ... 'spam King' gets nearly 4 years in prison and his lawyer reckons they wuz robbed - 'Although Soloway acknowledged that he sent out a huge number of illegal spam e-mails, defense attorney Robert Wayne said there was "not a shred of evidence" that he used zombie computers to do it.' Well, there's blind justice for you - and his unfairly maligned client can presumably only rustle up 24 pairs of shoes and 27 pairs of sunglasses with which to pay the retainer and expenses. Now that's the part that would really hurt that good Officer of the Court. Some days it's just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Another slap on the wrist... Soloway will be running "You Can Make Millions with spam" classes at Club Fed.

The guys who post unreleased movies on torrrent sites for fun get stiffer sentences.

Personally I prefer the way that russian spammer was dealth with a few years ago... They found him in his apt with his head beaten in.

When soloway gets out I'm 99% sure he'll get right back into spamming, except that he'll probably move a spam haven.

Although I can hope that his tourettes will happen to manifest in prison at just the wrong time, or that his depression will be untreated and he'll hang himself in is cell. Who knows, maybe one of the guards will have been joe-jobbed by him.

Someone get his address in jail and put him on the NAMBLA mailing list (North American Man-Boy Love Association aka Short Eyes Club)

...Personally I prefer the way that russian spammer was dealth with a few years ago... They found him in his apt with his head beaten in. ...
Some were hopeful that a trend had been established but the Russian police determined at the time it was just a burglary gone wrong. Presumably his "conspicuous consumption" enabled by the proceeds of his crimes made him a target for the truly desperate / evil / psychotic / psychopathic (reader's choice). Rough 'justice' by any measure, by nature random and barbaric.

Archived