Anyone having POP issues, mine stopped working

My last successful pull from pop.spamcop.net was 12/29/2007 and it has not worked since. No changes by me and no dreaded auto-updates from Lord Microsoft to goof it up. Using Outlook Express with spamcop for over two years and no changes to settings. I opened a ticket early this morning and no response so I'm checking with the community to see if anyone else has had troubles.

FYI - I did and can access through webmail.spamcop.net, my mobile works too, I can ping pop.spamcop.net and response time is less than 50ms, I disabled every possible firewall and most of the other things I could think of.

TIA

Mark

FWIW, no mention of general problems in the newsgroups. You seem to have done just about everything suggested in previous discussions (not all of which were necessarily resolved by the look of it). You haven't mentioned rebooting. Or scouring your OE settings for mysterious changes. Apart from that there seems to be nothing to do but to await a mail user with contrary/supporting observations. And most of them are apparently distracted at the moment. Sorry.

FWIW, no mention of general problems in the newsgroups. You seem to have done just about everything suggested in previous discussions (not all of which were necessarily resolved by the look of it). You haven't mentioned rebooting. Or scouring your OE settings for mysterious changes. Apart from that there seems to be nothing to do but to await a mail user with contrary/supporting observations. And most of them are apparently distracted at the moment. Sorry.

Working from here non-stop since way before that date.

What is pop.spamcop.net resolving to for your client? It should be: 216.154.195.50

DId you try resetting the password in OE? It would not be the first time passwords became corrupt "for no apparent reason".

Archived