SpamCop Fails to Process spam Submitted with MailWasher

corvette6769

I have used MailWasher to submit spam emails to SpamCop for several years with great success. However, for the last 3+ weeks, SpamCop has failed to process most of the spam I have submitted with MailWasher.

I watch MailWasher process and send all of the emails to SpamCop at submit.********[at]spam.spamcop.net with no reported errors, however the SpamCop AutoResponder only sends 2 or 3 "[spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing" notification emails out of 50+ submitted. Even if I go to www.spamcop.net, log in and click on "Report Now", they are not there.

If I manually process the same spam through http://www.spamcop.net/sc they appear to report properly so there nothing wrong with the spam submittal content (however I notice that SpamCop allows the same spam contend to process more than once through http://www.spamcop.net/sc without returning the "Reports regarding this spam have already been sent:" message).

Anyone else experiencing this and/or know why?

I watch MailWasher process and send all of the emails to SpamCop at submit.********[at]spam.spamcop.net with no reported errors, however the SpamCop AutoResponder only sends 2 or 3 "[spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing" notification emails out of 50+ submitted. Even if I go to www.spamcop.net, log in and click on "Report Now", they are not there.

Easiest quick guess, check the SpamCop FAQ as found here, links at the top of the page. Jump/scroll down until you stumble across;

E-mail Submittal Problems / Issues

E-Mail spam submittals blocked by your ISP? Updated!

Emailed spam Submissions Disappearing? No Confirmation e-mails?

Some effort on your part needed to develop more actual facts. Noting that Mediacom uses AT&T as its backbone.

however the SpamCop AutoResponder only sends 2 or 3 "[spamCop] has accepted 1 email for processing" notification emails out of 50+ submitted.
I hate to jump to a conclusion, but that sounds like your service provider is filtering outgoing mail and deleting the spam you're sending to us. Outbound filtering is getting more and more popular. You should ask them about it.

I notice that SpamCop allows the same spam contend to process more than once ... without returning the "Reports regarding this spam have already been sent
The "already been sent" business only applies when you are re-parsing a report that has been sent. Such as by using the "Tracking URL" to review a previous report. SpamCop can't tell if you are reporting the same spam time and again. It assumes that all your submissions are different spams.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

Archived