reporting parsing failing on mailhost that exists...

I keep getting errors in my reporting.

It keeps complaining that the header doesn't match my mailhost configuration, but the hostname that it complains about is listed as a valid hostname in my configuration.

Example:

Parsing header:

0: Received: from unknown (HELO mx3.hrnoc.net) (216.120.241.254) by 0 with ESMTPS (DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA encrypted); 22 Mar 2009 16:32:21 -0000

Hostname verified: mx3.hrnoc.net

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Will not trust anything beyond this header

mx3.hrnoc.net is listed as valid hostname in my mailhost config. Why would spamcop refuse to process it?

0: Received: from unknown (HELO mx3.hrnoc.net) (216.120.241.254) by 0 with ESMTPS (DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA encrypted); 22 Mar 2009 16:32:21 -0000

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Will not trust anything beyond this header

mx3.hrnoc.net is listed as valid hostname in my mailhost config. Why would spamcop refuse to process it

The "by 0" is unfortunately a "known issue" .... it's a (mis)configuration issue with your provider. There's a few definitive previous posts about giving the specific e-mail server/application (almost always qmail) commands-line instructions to resolve the issue. As neither term is four+ characters long, suggest you use the top-most search box tool to do a Google search here for that answer. For example, one detailed ix is offered up at http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?...ost&p=51673

Archived