Display floating 24 hour reporting total on report page

craigt

That sounds like the kind of suggestion that Julian, the founder of spamcop, probably would have implemented without much discussion. However, now suggestions go to the 'engineering department' who probably have a lot of other 'babies' to take care of.

It might be a good idea to email Don and see if he is willing to make a ticket on it.

Miss Betsy

This would allow a quick check to ensure that I don't report over the max during the floating 24 hour period (i.e., the number already exists in the system; just dump it out on the page).
Back to getting huge amounts of spam again Craig? Yeah, it would be great if SC could make provision/allowance for people like you. Have you asked Don whether you can be exempted from the 'daily limit'? He must have a good idea of your reporting history by now.

Yep, my spam load dropped inexplicably about a year ago from 20K / day to about 100 / day. Recently it has been picking up rapidly and I'm now up to about 3K / day so not in danger of hitting the limits yet (but unfortunately probably very soon).

I checked with Don a long time ago about exemption from the submission limit via creating a "trusted user" class or any other means that would make sense to the powers that be. Apparently that wasn't easy to do or not wanted and Don created a second reporting address for me so that I could at least report up to double the normal number.

When I get a chance I'll probably send off an email / PM asking about a ticket to add the 24 hour number on the page.

Archived