Constantly requiring password

Starting just this week, I've noticed that clicking on the "Process spam" or "Send spam reports" buttons suddenly causes a password dialog box to pop up. Sometimes, it requires multiple entries (yes, I made sure I'm typing the right thing and the caps lock key is off) before Spamcop will proceed. What is going on here?

I doubt it's a cookie problem. I've been using Apple's Safari browser exclusively for the last couple of months to access my spam-reporting account on SpamCop without any problems and I haven't updated anything in the past two weeks or so. Things were going quite smoothly until Monday or Tuesday of this week. It's Safari V1.2.1 by the way.

I doubt it's a cookie problem.  I've been using Apple's Safari browser exclusively for the last couple of months to access my spam-reporting account on SpamCop without any problems and I haven't updated anything in the past two weeks or so.  Things were going quite smoothly until Monday or Tuesday of this week.  It's Safari V1.2.1 by the way.

...Thanks for replying. I'm not familiar with Safari and am not aware of any changes in SpamCop that might cause the behavior you are experiencing. Hopefully, someone else who contributes here will be able to be of more help.

...Good luck!

No one else has chimed in to say that this is happening to them yet.

I think that password problems are tied to the kind of account you have. I am assuming that it is a reporting only account.

But like Steve, I don't have a clue if nothing has changed on your end and no one else seems to be experiencing the same thing why things would change.

Miss Betsy

Thanks for the responses.

It's kind of sporadic and I tend to just sit down and start reporting 10 to 20 spams, maybe more, sequentially of course. Occasionally, I've also come across database authentication errors where it rejects my password, displays a 401 error and says that I'm not authorized to go to the members area. I've even gotten raw code back where database writes have failed. But each time, a refresh of the browser clears it up. But the multiple password requests, one immediately after another, which don't clear up after browser refreshes are what concern me: I'm worried that a DNS spoof is underway and that somebody is phishing for my account password.

There is a pinned FAQ on where to go for password problems.

If it continues and nobody else posts a similar problem, I would check that FAQ and follow through to the appropriate place (service <at> admin.spamcop.net is the email address for the reporting only side).

Miss Betsy

Archived