Can't continue parsing.....

epgeek

Seems like over half my submissions are getting the error: "Can't continue parsing. DNS server error. Try to refresh this page later." After resubmitting several times the report actually gets parsed, and I'm able to submit it. The most recent spam report received the same slow treatment, and after several refreshes it went as:

spam report id 4320591100 sent to: abuse[at]vmobile-nigeria.com

spam report id 4320591103 sent to: abuse[at]mtnnigeria.net

spam report id 4320591107 sent to: abuse[at]vgccl.net

spam report id 4320591108 sent to: abuse[at]sky-vision.net

spam report id 4320591109 sent to: abuse[at]mtnns.net

spam report id 4320591110 sent to: postmaster[at]mtnnigeria.net

Is this a system problem? Have the spam scumbags found a new way to confound the system?

..."Can't continue parsing. DNS server error. Try to refresh this page later." After resubmitting several times the report actually gets parsed, and I'm able to submit it. ...
Can't say I've heard of that message before but it sounds like the parser was struggling on some critical lookup - but that should be fairly rare. How long has this been happening and is it for both e-mailed spam and spam pasted into the web form? Is always with reports to those Nigerian networks?

When you log in to your member page - http://members.spamcop.net/ - are you able to pull up the report for the spamsource (the one to the IP address host) in your "Past reports" and have the parse resolve OK when you click the parse link? The link you see at the top of the parse page after "Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:" - like

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z3065901527z8...83422010413eafz

- is the one you need to post here if you want others 'here' to see that parse. Only SC staff would be able see it from just the report ID. It would be good if you could post a tracking URL so a few others can have a look.

Archived