Reply-To: The Packer Daily <daily[at]thepacker.com>

Sender: FeedBlitz <feedblitz[at]mail.feedblitz.com>

Return-Path: 20080891_583023_2513453_fbz[at]mail.feedblitz.com

---

I would expect a blacklist containing:

---

*feedblitz.com

---

to cause the spam to be spent to "held mail".

But, that is not happening. Help?

My blacklist also contains

*mail.feedblitz.com

and

*thepacker.com

My whitelist contains nothing matching the above.

If I remember correctly, you do not need the "*" in your blacklist entry, it just needs to be "feedblitz.com". Also, I believe those filters only work if you are reading your mail using the webmail interface, so if you are using IMAP or POP, those filters are not applied. Look through the headers of that email (or better yet, provide a tracking link) and see if there is an "X-Spamcop-Disposition" (Is that right? Might need a spamcop email user to chime in on that) line or something like that. It should tell you how spamcop handled the email and why

mckemie, remove the '*' from your blacklist and whitelist entries, they are not needed. SpamCop is probably treating them literally and not as wildcards.

As Telarin has said filters only work when logged into webmail but the blacklist and whitelist always have an affect on incoming mail. I have various Hotmail and Yahoo domains in my blacklist and they are always sent to the held mail folder. The "X-SpamCop-Disposition:" line(s) will tell you why SpamCop has blocked an item of mail. An example recently received:

X-SpamCop-Disposition: 	Blocked SpamAssassin=11
						   Blacklist yahoo.com.hk

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the prompt and very informative responses!

I don't know where I got the idea that wildcards ("*") were appropriate, but I removed them and expect success.

The whitelist and blacklist do seem to influence the mail which I POP. The use of webmail to control "real" mail does seem rather odd.

Archived