lmharnisch[at]spamcop.net ... ability to block on from/to addresses?

macangels

There is an egregious spammer using fake a spamcop address

lmharnisch[at]spamcop.net ...

Every day, I am getting two or three emails from them which are sent both from: and to: the above address and which go straight through the spamcop filters. This has been going on for weeks now.

Obviously, their 'replyto:' is different and hidden.

If this spammer cannot be stopped, can we have the ability to personally blacklist and block on from/to addresses? (Yes, I am attempting to using filters).

Thank you.

(There seem to be an increase in Russian spammers getting through spamcop for the last few weeks

Would the real lmharnisch please change their email address so we can kill this guy off!?!

...Er, why is this a "New Feature Request" for SpamCop? Personal blacklists are normally features offered by e-mail providers; if you're using SpamCop e-mail then you already have that feature (if I understand correctly -- I am not myself a SpamCop e-mail user) and if you're using another e-mail provider then you would have to ask your provider for such a feature (or how to use it if it's already provided).

...Am I missing something?

Would the real lmharnisch please change their email address so we can kill this guy off!?!

You may know that spammers forge the from-addresses in their mailings. Even if the lmharnisch address existed (far from certain), simply changing it or closing it out would not stop the spam.

Even if the spammer provided a Reply-To address (not usually the case), it too would be untrustworthy (except perhaps in the case of 419ers and the like).

Sometimes, I get spammers who forge from addresses that are alphabetically close to my own (presumably they then forge my address to send to the next guy in the list). If your own address is close to lmharnisch then maybe this is what is happening.

-- rick

Archived