Looking for email accounts well over the 3,000/day reporting limit

SpamCloud

SpamCloud is a relatively new project doing spam content analysis for anti-spam purposes and is looking for anyone with email accounts or domains that are currently useless due to the high volume of spam who would be willing to redirect the account to our servers.

We're not looking to detract from the efforts of SpamCop in any way, so this is only a call to those with accounts that are well beyond SpamCop's limits for reporting. Email me if interested or stop by the site for more information.

Craig

We're not looking to detract from the efforts of SpamCop in any way, so this is only a call to those with accounts that are well beyond SpamCop's limits for reporting. Email me if interested or stop by the site for more information.

I did go the site, read what's been posted. I don't see much of an actual explanation. For instance;

3. How does SpamCloud work?

SpamCloud works by collecting spam emails from otherwise unused email accounts and running them through a proprietary analysis process. The resulting data is then used to recognize and classify other spam email in realtime and contribute to the global anti-spam effort.

OK. e-mail collected, analyzed, categorized .... and then what exactly? The best I can figure out is that it's a contribution to the Brightcloud family of services offered to other OEM folks (for example Microsoft being touted in their recent news)

10. What's in it for me?

The personal satisfaction of knowing that you've contributed to the global anti-spam efforts and helped reduce the amount of spam in the world! And, if all goes well, a reduction in the amount of spam in your inbox as the results of SpamCloud are integrated into various anti-spam systems.

Those "other systems" aren't readily detailed/descrbed, especially for the actual end-users you're asking to contribute. (no, I didsn't spend much time digging through the Brghtcloud site.) Point being that it's a bit hard to come up with anything that's much different than products and services currently offered up by the Cisco, IronPort, Spamcop.net family.

Also, if you have mail in quantities that exceeds reporting limits, we can easily set up a spamtrap for you. It's easy and there's no cost to spamtrap contributors. Mail us at deputies[at]spamcop.net if you have questions.

I did go the site, read what's been posted. I don't see much of an actual explanation. For instance;

OK. e-mail collected, analyzed, categorized .... and then what exactly? The best I can figure out is that it's a contribution to the Brightcloud family of services offered to other OEM folks (for example Microsoft being touted in their recent news)

At the moment the project is in a research and analysis phase (and I've updated the site to make that clearer), from which we hope to get a better sense of exactly what we can pull from the data that isn't already being offered elsewhere. We are definitely looking at contributing to the data already offered by BrightCloud, but we're also looking at making the data available to the security community as well.

Those "other systems" aren't readily detailed/descrbed, especially for the actual end-users you're asking to contribute. (no, I didsn't spend much time digging through the Brghtcloud site.) Point being that it's a bit hard to come up with anything that's much different than products and services currently offered up by the Cisco, IronPort, Spamcop.net family.

Perhaps, but that's what this phase of the project is about...determining what we can pull from the data and comparing it to what is already offered.

Craig

Archived