Continuation of "allstate.com"

turetzsr

I'd like to continue this discussion, but it has nothing to do with the OP. Maybe there is a way to move the last few posts to the Lounge

<snip>

...Here ya go!

...No need to move any posts here, they can be referenced with [ quote ] or [ topic ] or [ post ] or [ url ] BB tags, as I did in this "thread" back to the original "thread."

...Here ya go!

...No need to move any posts here, they can be referenced with [ quote ] or [ topic ] or [ post ] or [ url ] BB tags, as I did in this "thread" back to the original "thread."

Thanks!

This is approximately where it got started.

See also this thread.

Anyway, I still wonder about the amount of traffic on these forums because I'm skeptical that many of the newer email service users even know about them. Of course, there might not be so many new users...

It's all based on my impression that traffic has declined, but it would be interesting to have some stats on how many new threads/posts there have been per month in the past couple of years, compared with the number of SpamCop email subscribers (for the email system and accounts subforum) and the number of SpamCop spam reports.

To repeat myself, it seems that it would be helpful to place a link to these forums on the webmail site somewhere, maybe on the Problem page or in the Help facility or both. (I hope I have not foolishly overlooked such a link.)

...It's all based on my impression that traffic has declined, but it would be interesting to have some stats on how many new threads/posts there have been per month in the past couple of years, compared with the number of SpamCop email subscribers (for the email system and accounts subforum) and the number of SpamCop spam reports. ...
The numbers of registrations on the forum and of posts have steadily declined over the years - and that includes the period when there were links from the official SC pages to the forums (and newsgroups). We mulled over that at various times before there was the factor of 'official anonymity'. The supposition was total views might be steady/increasing but I don't think that was tested and looking at it just now it seems actually those were decreasing as well. At the same time the total reports were showing a steady increase year by year (haven't checked lately) and no idea about e-mail subscribers.

Archived