posting display order

gtforum

It appears that the most recent posting is at the bottom of the list shown on each page.

I think that the newest posting should be at the top of the page and the older ones follow so the oldest is at the bottom of the page.

Also the following pages would be in the same order, newest at top and oldest at bottom, so that the oldest posting would be on the bottom of the last page.

It appears that the most recent posting is at the bottom of the list shown on each page.

Yes, sort order is based on the Posting date.

I think that the newest posting should be at the top of the page and the older ones follow so the oldest is at the bottom of the page.

In another environment, another purpose, perhaps a great idea. However, this is a 'support' Forum. To work out a problem, it is seen from this side of the screen that to be able to walk though what has gone on before is the much better option. Noting that there are a few folks that will Post a response as soon as they see a Post that they want to jump on, ignoring that the data they present already exists, had they read another couple of Posts. In my opinion, reading from last to first would exacerbate this scenario in a very bad way.

Also the following pages would be in the same order, newest at top and oldest at bottom, so that the oldest posting would be on the bottom of the last page.

Poosible alternative, when in Topic View, instead of clicking on the Topic Title, click on the "last Post" over on the right ..... granted this would flip your 'scroll mode' into reverse (up and back) but .... the immediacy of jumping the the latest Post is resolved.

Lated version of this app have a lot of personalization options, but ... I'm not prepared to do an update for a number of reasons.

>Yes, sort order is based on the Posting date.

My sort order for reading my e-mail is most recent at top.

That is my suggestion for these posts.

>In my opinion, reading from last to first would exacerbate this scenario in a very bad way.

The order you display is last to first - so that exacerbates this scenario. My suggestion is reverse the sort order.

PS How do I insert quotes in my post when there are several - as in your reply?

<snip>

PS How do I insert quotes in my post when there are several - as in your reply?

...Click the "Quote" button on each post that contains the original (unquoted) content you wish to include as a quote, then click the "Add reply" button.

Archived