I can't seem to report half of my spam !

Ancient Galaxy

Greetings,

I keep getting the error message of 'No tracking information found in header' for about half of the spam I try and report. I have tried to rearrange the email, but confess my knowledge of HTML and source codes is fairly limited. Apologies for posting this if it is already dealt with somewhere else on this forum ! I did try searching for a solution but I couldn't find anything that specifically dealt with my issue.

This is a typical 'unreportable' e-mail that I get:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

x-store-info:4r51+eLowCe79NzwdU2kRwMf1FfZT+JrTOjuQp0sXZ5UgVjh9hEwAOimuigBwjG9gojjmzfDZFLct1/CsOnWO6YFMMEtzLW7Xat6EaToCF4dObCnpTb6B5e6Y60oOiop

Authentication-Results: hotmail.com; sender-id=softfail (sender IP is 77.93.42.54) header.from=ancientgalaxy[at]hotmail.com; dkim=none header.d=hotmail.com; x-hmca=fail

X-Message-Status: n:0:n

X-SID-PRA: ancientgalaxy[at]hotmail.com

X-SID-Result: SoftFail

X-DKIM-Result: None

X-AUTH-Result: FAIL

X-Message-Delivery: Vj0xLjE7dXM9MDtsPTA7YT0wO0Q9MjtHRD0yO1NDTD02

X-Message-Info: 11chDOWqoTmjqhOzvWWho/DQMNfhinIyHCU2Vv0btg9zL7DI24+ZJbe3PxtAg5LOZktNeo3ZOhld4K/8T/9VZjAgyS+VJkSlB8HwWFcf432BSxeObS74+ks8z1ZOaclK

Received: from [77.93.42.54] ([77.93.42.54]) by SNT0-MC4-F17.Snt0.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(6.0.3790.4900);

Sun, 30 Oct 2011 23:20:36 -0700

Received: from 77.93.42.54(helo=hotmail.com)

by hotmail.com with esmtpa (Exim 4.69)

(envelope-from )

id 1MMF7L-3613zp-2O

for <ancientgalaxy[at]hotmail.com>; Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:20:36 +0300

To: <ancientgalaxy[at]hotmail.com>

Subject: Get a New Job Today

Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 09:20:36 +0300

MIME-Version: 1.0

Content-Type: text/plain;

charset="iso-8859-2"

Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

X-Mailer: wmexjwvkv 41

Message-ID: <2362281596.06BSU5MF605513[at]xtojpno.ibobl.com>

Return-Path: 0-2-720097-1-hsnw_co_kr[at]mailer.godowon.com

X-OriginalArrivalTime: 31 Oct 2011 06:20:37.0041 (UTC) FILETIME=[344EEA10:01CC9795]

--------------------------------------------------

I am definitely copying the full (and fully unmodified) headers into the reporting section, so where am I going wrong ?

Any help would be gratefully received !

Many Thanks,

Emma

Notice the blank lines all throughout the headers.

SpamCop is looking for the full headers in one contiguous block of text, followed by a blank line, which signals the end of the headers, and then followed by the body text of the spam. The parse won't accept headers if there is no body text with them.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Ancient Galaxy

hotmail.com is known to present the raw messages in this kind of format with blank lines in between the each line. In order to report these message from you would need to remove the blank lines between the headers such as found in http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/22.html.

Notice the blank lines all throughout the headers.

SpamCop is looking for the full headers in one contiguous block of text, followed by a blank line, which signals the end of the headers, and then followed by the body text of the spam. The parse won't accept headers if there is no body text with them.

- Don D'Minion - SpamCop Admin -

service[at]admin.spamcop.net

Ancient Galaxy

hotmail.com is known to present the raw messages in this kind of format with blank lines in between the each line. In order to report these message from you would need to remove the blank lines between the headers such as found in http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/22.html.

What I usually do when reporting mail I've received via hotmail is to move my junk folder to my inbox, download them to my laptop using my regular email client, then forward the rubbish as attachments.

Archived