Bounce Error

Hi - over the last day or two I've noticed this on my spamcop page:

"Bounce error

Your email address, whitefort[at]spamcop.net has returned a bounce:

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Message contained unsafe content (Sanesecurity.Junk.21048.UNOFFICIAL)'

Please ensure your email account is reliable, then click below: "

I'm wondering if this could be something caused by the recent Spamcop problems, but mainly I'm a bit anxious because I changed my Internet Provider about a month ago and I'm wondering if that could be something to do with the problem. I do have my new email address set up in mailhosts.

I've been using Spamcop for quite a few years now without any problems, and don't want to get my wrist slapped (or worse!) for causing problems by continually hitting the reset button when I shouldn't. I'm not really techie enough to figure out this problem by myself.

Basically, is the message due to the current problem (in which case I can just ignore it until things get fixed)?

Or is there something else I have to do to fix it myself?

Up to now I've just been clicking the bounce reset button and hoping the problem will go away. Should I stop doing that?

Any advice will be gratefully received!!

Hi - over the last day or two I've noticed this on my spamcop page:

"Bounce error

Your email address, whitefort[at]spamcop.net has returned a bounce:

Subject: Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

Reason: 5.1.0 - Unknown address error 550-'Message contained unsafe content (Sanesecurity.Junk.21048.UNOFFICIAL)'

Please ensure your email account is reliable, then click below: "

I'm wondering if this could be something caused by the recent Spamcop problems, but mainly I'm a bit anxious because I changed my Internet Provider about a month ago and I'm wondering if that could be something to do with the problem. I do have my new email address set up in mailhosts.

I've been using Spamcop for quite a few years now without any problems, and don't want to get my wrist slapped (or worse!) for causing problems by continually hitting the reset button when I shouldn't. I'm not really techie enough to figure out this problem by myself.

Basically, is the message due to the current problem (in which case I can just ignore it until things get fixed)?

Or is there something else I have to do to fix it myself?

Up to now I've just been clicking the bounce reset button and hoping the problem will go away. Should I stop doing that?

Any advice will be gratefully received!!

I answered this in email but in case it would be helpful to others. Changing mailhosts does not change anything in the email system, only in the reporting/parsing of spam. User needs to log into their webmail account and change the forwarding address set up under Options/general tools/Spamcop tools/manage your forwarding ...

I answered this in email but in case it would be helpful to others. Changing mailhosts does not change anything in the email system, only in the reporting/parsing of spam. User needs to log into their webmail account and change the forwarding address set up under Options/general tools/Spamcop tools/manage your forwarding ...

Hi - I didn't get the email (which is slightly worrying), but thanks for the advice here. I had already changed the forwarding address as you described.

In the meantime, the 'bounce' message has disappeared. I'm hoping it stays gone, and that the whole thing was just part of the current Spamcop problem.

Thanks again!

Archived