[Resolved] Error Message "No source IP address found, cannot proceed."

ChuckGary

I have no problems processing, reporting, and sending reports.

I have configured my Mailhost, I have no problem finding full e-mail headers.

THIS particular spam however, which was undetected by Gmail, and went to my normal Inbox folder, presents "apparently" normal full headers with "return-paths" and "received from" IP's.

Yet, the Spamcop parser reports "No source IP address found, cannot proceed."[...] "Nothing to do."

I would like to get help on how to make the headers readable to the parser, since it is obviously being obfuscated by some paramater.

Thank you.

Tracking URL:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5221298212zd...15e5f76a8b21faz

Note-I have kept a copy of it, I can send the full original mail to anyone who would care to help me. Thx again.

Chuck Gary

Thank you.

Tracking URL:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5221298212zd...15e5f76a8b21faz

Note-I have kept a copy of it, I can send the full original mail to anyone who would care to help me. Thx again.

Chuck Gary

The headers only list a "intranet" IP.

You getting these headers from Gmail web page?

In this case all you can do is push the Gmail report spam button

Yes, this is the Gmail "show original" pop-up window with e-mail's full headers and text format.

They usually go to the spam folder, this one didn't. I obviously pushed the Report spam button, which all it does is put it in my spam folder, where it should have gone in the first place.

So I guess my question is, spamcop cannot report it? Not even to Gmail postmasters?

Ty for yr time,

Chuck

P.S.- The ironic thing is, you say it is from the Gmail Intranet, but I followed the link and it takes me to a chinese online store, with an online call answerer that talks to me in chinese!

80% of spam I get these days are in chinese characters can you believe it? They're gonna buy us ALL up!

<snip>

So I guess my question is, spamcop cannot report it? Not even to Gmail postmasters?

<snip>

...Perhaps, if SpamCop could tell that it came from GMail, but they have no way to reliably know and quickly (in microseconds) determine that. With only internal IP addresses in the spam internet header, SpamCop can't reliably determine the source.

...Perhaps, if SpamCop could tell that it came from GMail, but they have no way to reliably know and quickly (in microseconds) determine that. With only internal IP addresses in the spam internet header, SpamCop can't reliably determine the source.

OK, ty for yr input - incident closed.

Ty evry1 that helped!

Chuck

B)

Archived