something more to do that just reporting?

manfer

This service is nice and makes it eassier for me to report the spam to the network administrators but when I decided to battle the spam in my email my plans where more than what I'm achieving.

I wanted any illegal spam I receive not just forwarded to bulk mail but not even reaching my email. I know probably some spam is very difficult as spammers change the source from where they send the spam but for those that at least pretend to be legal commercial mail my intention is to avoid it totally.

I have unsuscribe to such supposed legal commercial mail but it continues arriving to my mail. So what to do next? Any authority to report instead of administrators. It is illegal and penalized by law at least with monetary penalizations. Which authority to forward at least a complain?

I have one that comes always from same source and doesn't attend my unsuscribe claim, breaking law. It doesn't even identify them properly as they have a postal adress but not showed who they are anywhere.

I have submitted a complaint to Federal Trade Commission of US Government as the mails -though probably fake- claims that the companies from which are send has its Postal Address in USA. But probably all personal data is fake even all data provided to registrars.

After reviewing the mails better I have realized the links it has to unsubscribe are just fake as it has two links one to claim you want to unsuscribe and other to accept his mails and both with same url. I don't know why I didn't looked into that before.

Probably just a lost of time though I hope these people could do something against this criminal. Blacklisting him is not enough.

...Which authority to forward at least a complain?

I have one that comes always from same source and doesn't attend my unsuscribe claim, breaking law. It doesn't even identify them properly as they have a postal adress but not showed who they are anywhere.

Not sure of the jurisdiction - EU? Perhaps there is something useful at Marjolein's Ban spam site (http://banspam.javawoman.com/index.html) and/or other members have suggestions for that.

<snip>

After reviewing the mails better I have realized the links it has to unsubscribe are just fake as it has two links one to claim you want to unsuscribe and other to accept his mails and both with same url. I don't know why I didn't looked into that before.

...Good catch, although too late. One should never unsubscribe from something to which she or he did not subscribe!
Probably just a lost of time though I hope these people could do something against this criminal. Blacklisting him is not enough.
...One individual user is almost certainly not going to be able to shut down a spammer. But do keep up what you are doing. For US sourced spam, FTC is a good location to report, although my sense is that they only go after mega-mass spammers who impact billions of dollars.

Can this kind of pretended to be legal spam be reported to the companies advertised informing about the illegal spam? It is their brand the one which is being advertised, they should have any responsability on this. Shouldn't they control the companies they give permission to advertise their products?

I know probably nothing is done by them anyway, but do you think that would be at least a little useful? Letting they know they are being reported to authorities, the spammers and all material being advertised.

...You would think they'd be interested! I wouldn't express my complaint in such a way as to be accusatory of the business being advertised, since they may not have given permission. However, I would not recommend sending any more than one such "complaint," since that may itself be seen as spam!

...You would think they'd be interested! I wouldn't express my complaint in such a way as to be accusatory of the business being advertised, since they may not have given permission. However, I would not recommend sending any more than one such "complaint," since that may itself be seen as spam!

Probably they won't mind but that's the real problem. They should and they should be responsible. If law is not already making them responsible it should.

You claim they don't give permission but in my opinion that is not true. Someone is paying spammers. This kind of spammers that are advertising a company are not doing it for charity. They do because they get a profit. Probably is not that company the one given direct permission to these people to advertise their products but the people to whom that company had ordered that task have done.

So in my opinion they should be responsible. They know it is being done for sure and they permit it because they get a benefit from it. No matter how the advertise gets to the people what real matters to them is it reach many people and as much the better. They are an accessory to this crime in my opinion.

<snip>

You claim they don't give permission

<snip>

...I'm sorry if I gave you that impression but it was not intended -- I have no insight into others' intent and I don't even know to what company you are referring! What I meant by "they may not have given permission" was that it is possible that the spammer included their information without their knowledge or consent and against their wishes.
Someone is paying spammers. This kind of spammers that are advertising a company are not doing it for charity. They do because they get a profit. Probably is not that company the one given direct permission to these people to advertise their products but the people to whom that company had ordered that task have done.

<snip>

They are an accessory to this crime in my opinion.

...Sorry, but I do not know how anyone can be certain that the money trail leads to the company being advertized. Spammers might be using a reference to a legitimate, responsible company to get around spam filters and raise trust of their victims for whatever goal the spammer has, which may be entirely different from and even contrary to the interests of the company. See, for example, SpamCop Wiki entries "Innocent Bystander" and "Joe Job."

Well is none of those cases but now I understand what you mean.

Really if I read the email advertisement (made with images) is about a product of a company, an offer that really exists on that company on this very moment. This spammer sends various different ones of different companies and all are actual products offers that exists.

And I was wrong the link to unsuscribe and to tell you accept that mailing were not the same, they differ by a number, was not easy to find the difference. And if you click on the advertisement links, they point to a domain owned by this spammer, but redirects you to the company that is advertised in the email.

So it all indicates it is spam to really advertise those companies but not authorized by me. And they don't attend my unsuscribe demand.

Some days ago curiously and after some days of the attempt to unsuscribe to this spam I received another commercial email from one site that probably I gave permission to send me emails and I unsuscribed and I got the unsuscribe confirmation.

But I'm still getting mails from these other ones I haven't authorized at all (2 different that I'm sure are the same people). I wonder if those people I gave permission have selled my email to a third party.

I suppose that is not legal. If I give permission to someone to send me this kind of emails that does not mean he can give permission to others to send me that kind of emails. And not attending my unsuscribe demand really bothers me.

Archived