I've been blocked - cause hacker

cosmicperl

Hi SpamCop,

Please help, I had a hacker expose a security hole in an email scri_pt on one of my sites. I didn't find out till the morning when he had sent 3000+ emails. I quickly plugged the hole, only to find the next day that he had found another hole in another email scri_pt. I went through the hole site and blocked all email scri_pt holes, and did the same on all my other sites. But now I find that because of this F**king hacker my mail server has been blocked, and I've messed it up for the other 500 accounts on my shared hosting IP.

To cap things off, as if getting my mail server server blocked and getting me in loads of trouble with my host wasn't bad enough. The hacker has now decided to use fake ANYTHING[at]mydomain.com email address in the reply field of some of his mailings. So now and again I'm getting people accusing me of spamming when I haven't been.

Please help, what can I do? I've been told that I'll have to change my domain, but I cannot afford to do that, I'll loose all my rankings, and all my inward links. Why isn't this bastard being stopped???????? :angry:

In any case would it be possible for you to unblock my mail server? Is there something I can do?

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?212.67.202.198

Please help :blink:

I went through the hole site and blocked all email scri_pt holes, and did the same on all my other sites

I am sorry to hear that you found out the hard way about how spammers can exploit security holes! And it is commendable that you acted promptly to secure those holes. It is also refreshing that you did not whine about how people should be more forgiving or why are the DNSbl's picking on you, but took responsibility and are looking for ways to fix your mistake.

If your IP is listed it will automatically be removed from the list 48 hours after the last spam report.

The spamcop bl is automatic and there is nothing to be done to remove the listing except stop the spam. It is good that you were caught by the spamcop bl and could correct the security holes because for some other lists, once you get on them, it is difficult to get off.

The hacker has now decided to use fake ANYTHING[at]mydomain.com email address in the reply field of some of his mailings.

Very few people will think that your domain is the real spammer since the spammers routinely forge the return address. If you are getting bounces, it is from administrators who do not realize that they are contributing to the spam problem by sending email messages as bounces. Many people have experienced having their email address in the From:

If you are concerned about potential customers thinking that it really is your domain, you can put a disclaimer on your web site - you should research the phenomenon so that the notice is not ignorant and so doesn't look spammy.

Miss Betsy

Hi SpamCop,

Please help, I had a hacker expose a security hole in an email scri_pt on one of my sites.  I didn't find out till the morning when he had sent 3000+ emails. I quickly plugged the hole, only to find the next day that he had found another hole in another email scri_pt. I went through the hole site and blocked all email scri_pt holes, and did the same on all my other sites. But now I find that because of this F**king hacker my mail server has been blocked, and I've messed it up for the other 500 accounts on my shared hosting IP.

To cap things off, as if getting my mail server server blocked and getting me in loads of trouble with my host  wasn't bad enough. The hacker has now decided to use fake ANYTHING[at]mydomain.com email address in the reply field of some of his mailings. So now and again I'm getting people accusing me of spamming when I haven't been.

Please help, what can I do? I've been told that I'll have to change my domain, but I cannot afford to do that, I'll loose all my rankings, and all my inward links. Why isn't this bastard being stopped???????? :angry:

In any case would it be possible for you to unblock my mail server? Is there something I can do?

http://www.spamcop.net/bl.shtml?212.67.202.198

Please help :blink:

assuming I managed to copy/paste correctly IP 212.67.202.198 is not listed now

Archived