Problems with reporting spam

Lovejoy

I've been using the service for some time without any issues. Lately however I get the following error messages when I attempt to file a report:

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

No tracking information found in header:

Probably not full headers - see FAQ:

no header

I cannot forward emails as an attachment (I use yahoo mail). What options have I got?

Sounds like the stuff you've been getting lately could have originated from within the Yahoo network (the line including "yahoo.com does not designate permitted sender hosts" in those headers indicates the killer condition). I assume you are using the "View full header" option from the "More actions for selected emails" button. If so, for all of the above, all you can really do is hit the Yahoo "spam" button and Yahoo will do whatever it is they do about spamming accounts.

If that doesn't sound like your situation, post a tracking URL for the next one you come across so others can see and perhaps advise further. That's the link below the line "Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:" that appears near the top of the page that gives you those "No source IP address found, cannot proceed." messages and it looks sort of like:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5347047228z72fbd5f1b308f019b67684f620b52311z

Even though no reports are issued that tracker is generated - but it's not saved in your "Past reports" so you have to get it on the fly.

Moving to SpamCop Reporting Help forum.

Archived