SpamCop Security?

General Lee

I was researching a list of ways to combat spam when I came across the story of Blue Frog. Apparently, Blue Frog (also known as Blue Security) was the best way at combating spam. Some say even twice as good as SpamCop. Well as some of you may know, spammers and hackers attacked Blue Frog and it was eventually shut down with less than nine months of operation. Now no offense, but it looks like I could hack SpamCop's website in under five minutes with one hand tied behind my back. And also, the fact that SpamCop has not come under these attacks has led some people to claim that SpamCop is not really that effective. Because if SpamCop was effective, then why haven't hackers tried to shut it down? But I suppose looks can be deceiving. SpamCop could have the best security ever.

What do you think? Why hasn't SpamCop been attacked by hackers?

Not only has SpamCop came under attack from spammers. A lot of snake oil merchants of other so called other "spam repelling" merchants were as well. Many of whom resided in news.admin.net-abuse.email (NANAE) in early millennium were just pro themselves, attacking any other effective spam control, pretending to be unbiased.

SpamCop has also survived court cases by spammers who have tried to bring us down.

SpamCop is only now surviving because of CISCO financing us. By reporting it does get spammers removed. A major majority ISP's do act on security or abuse report notices, effectively and permanently closing security issues (making the internet a MUCH safer place).

Archived