The AShimmy Blog, spam Cop: If The Messenger Has The Message Wrong, Shoot Him

turetzsr

Good job Steve. He has SC confused with something in his head which bears only scant resemblance to the actuality of the service. What he is concerned about with SC is similar to my concerns with the various "reputation score" systems being used to block - and I'm probably as ill-informed on those as he is on the SCbl :D . But I'm sure I would educate myself a bit before condemning them in public. Even if I was a blogger lacking a "life" from which to inspire the regalement of my avid readership. Well, I meet one of those criteria. :blink:

<snip>

Even if I was a blogger lacking a "life" from which to inspire the regalement of my avid readership. Well, I meet one of those criteria. :blink:

...LOL! You must be about my age (58) and in a field other than marketing, having that kind of attitude towards blogging! :) <g>

Retired from a lifetime in Human Resources which we used to call Personnel (like Molecular Physicists used to be Chemists). And, like Charlie Brown's little mate Linus, I love mankind. Or was that people? One or the other.

Ah yes, I seem to recall he wanted to be a fabulously wealthy doctor until Lucy pointed out he hated mankind, thus the rebuttal. He settled for aspiring to be a fabulously wealthy COUNTRY doctor. Ah, the dreams of youth and the unbounded expectations, with all the Lucies as the crab-grass in the lawns of our lives.

...Ah, the memories! My favorite Peanuts vignettes are:

• Lucy going ballistic when Linus made her eat "raw toast," accusing him of trying to give her food poisoning.
  • Linus's rendition of Luke 2:8-14 in "A Charlie Brown Christmas" --
    (I'm Jewish, so not inclined to like such naked Christianity, but it's such a beautiful story delivered with such sincerity that I couldn't help but be impressed :) <g>)

Archived