What better way to create a complaint?

exdespam

I wonder what the best way to create a report on SpamCop?

On the page where it makes denounces says:

- OR - I forwarded the email to the email spam submit.XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX [at] spam.spamcop.net

- OR - Paste spam complete with header and body text box and process the spam.

I usually use the second option and then the spam is processed I use the notes box to inform you that my email is not part of that list and request removal.

Is there a more efficient way, or preferably a manual on how I could improve this process?

Regarding the first option. It is so simple right?

I would like to understand so I can explain to others. I have a website / project that teaches and helps users to fight spam.

You have posted your confidential submit address. When your reporting account was created that address was given to you for the first time by e-mail and you should have noted the warning then to keep it to yourself. Well, it is done now, so we go on from there. I have Xed it out now but it has been made public before I got to it. You might like to contact SpamCop Administrator to see if you should get a new number now. He can be reached by e-mail at service[at]admin.spamcop.net. Tell him what happened and ask what to do now.

Submitting spam by e-mail, as an attachment (to the submit address) is usually simpler than pasting each one in to the webpage and you can do it in batches (several at a time) by e-mail. Be aware though that some service providers do not allow this - because those messages contain spam. Yes, that is silly but that is the way it is with some of them. There is an even easier form of submission, once you are a little experienced and that is "quick reporting". That way you don't have to authorise each report but you will see that you need to know what you are doing first.

The "manual" on how to report is in the official SpamCop FAQ http://www.spamcop.net/fom-serve/cache/285.html

There is the same AND additional information in the FAQ in this forum http://forum.spamcop.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=2238

and, there is the Wiki, already referenced above for "quick reporting" - http://forum.spamcop.net/scwik/SpamCopWikiHome

Return with further questions, if you have them. Someone will reply.

You have posted your confidential submit address. When your reporting...

Many apologies.

I did not realize what he was doing.

How am Brazilian, I was very focused on going for my English course and I ended up putting my email and destraindo.

You can be sure that will come in contact with the administrators. Thank you!

With ceteza your text will help me a lot to help others.

I want to do a little manual in Portuguese so that my visitors also know how to do this process.

I'll give it a read deeper into the content that you stated.

Big hug!

I do not know if I understand right, but sending spam Attached is more limited than submit the form spam by SpamCop.

They would know tell me if this gives?

Submissions by e-mail attachment to your confidential "submit" address and submissions made by pasting into the web form are processed by the SpamCop parser in exactly the same way. It is just more efficient to submit by e-mail - especially if several are sent at once, in the same submission. Submissions by e-mail attachment for "quick reporting" do not go to the "submit" address - they go to a "quick" address instead - and those ones are processed differently, only the headers are processed, the bodies (message parts) are not parsed. That way is the most efficient of all but

• only experienced reporters should use it
  • any reportable links (URLs) are ignored

<snip>

I want to do a little manual in Portuguese so that my visitors also know how to do this process.

<snip>

...Obrigado!
I do not know if I understand right, but sending spam Attached is more limited than submit the form spam by SpamCop.

<snip>

...Not really (as far as I know). E-mail submission is limited in terms of how many bytes of data are allowed but that is only because you may send many attachments for parsing and there must be some limit. There is also a limit on the web-based parser but one rarely exceeds it because an individual spam is less likely to exceed that limit than are many attachments.

Archived