You Can't Get There From Here...

Hey,

Logged into my email account at noon, everything was fine. I receive new mail at 1pm, read said mail, press the Return to Inbox button, and am greeted with a screen which tells me that I have no mail in my Inbox. Funny, I had tens of messages just a minute ago, and I haven't deleted a thing. I logged out completely and then logged back in. I still have no email. Hmm. Didn't something along these lines happen just last week?

Comments? Or better yet, solutions? :angry:

Thanks.

Just back from some house calls, caught up in the newsgroups, ealking my way through these Forums ... it's like 3 hours after you posted your query and you seem to be all alone in your predicament. Have you since logged back in and checked to see if your InBox is still showing empty? Whatever was going on last week has been allegedly explained by the install of a new server with a flaky SCSI driver, kernal and system was rebuilt, and still under observation, but again, there's no one else complaining about "lost" e-mail at the moment ..??

Sorry about the delay in respoding. Here's what seems to have happened, though... I logged back onto SpamCop, noted that I'd received 4 messages but the remainder of my mail was nowhere to be found. On a whim, started checking my subfolders. All of my "lost" mail was, of course, in the Trash bin. How...?

Since a good craftsman never blames his tools, I will simply assume that _I_ am the culprit here, and did a Select All in my semi-awake state without noticing. But given the fact that I returned to my Inbox after having opened and read a message...

Must be my other personality. This multiple identity thing is a pain.

Excuse the waste of bandwith... :huh:

Since a good craftsman never blames his tools

Except for bemoaning the fact that he/she can't afford the "good" tools <g>

Glad that the problem (might be?) is solved <g> Did feel bad in telling you that you were all by yourself, knowing that this answer wasn't much help ...

Archived