Quick Reporting Question

lexluthor

I recently switched to "quick" reporting.

It appears that via this method, only the ISP of the IP that the email originated from gets a report.

The ISP hosting links in the email don't get reported.

Is that correct?

I can see why it would work that way. The spammer could just add links to non-spam domains and there would be little way to not send those ISPs reports whereas in the regular reporting, we can check or uncheck the boxes.

But, this pretty much renders quick reporting useless, no?

The originating email service is just a hacked PC most of the time. You aren't hurting spammers by reporting that. The only way to hurt the spammers is to get the ISP hosting them to act by reporting the links.

Thanks!

I recently switched to "quick" reporting.

It appears that via this method, only the ISP of the IP that the email originated from gets a report.

The ISP hosting links in the email don't get reported.

Is that correct?

Yes.

[snip]

But, this pretty much renders quick reporting useless, no?

That depends on what you want to accomplish. If your interest is stopping spam at the point of origin then quick reporting is still of value because it feeds the SCBL.

The originating email service is just a hacked PC most of the time.  You aren't hurting spammers by reporting that.  The only way to hurt the spammers is to get the ISP hosting them to act by reporting the links.

That's the way I see it.

Archived