ISP does not wish to receive reports regarding ...

efa

hi,

I'm receiving many spams that spamvertize:

gohisa.com

yeaca.com

and

sevxr.com

dudreda.com

Here two examples:

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5431267123zb...0b7dc080e96ab5z

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5431170214z6...43ca760e2f8969z

Two of those domains are hosted by abuse[at]blacklotus.net

Why this provider "does not wish to receive reports" ?

and why SC do not send them?

More bad 184.82.204.21-22 (all the block 184.82.0.0/16) used by the other two, has "No reporting addresses found",

so no report at all is sent for those domains

Two of those domains are hosted by abuse[at]blacklotus.net

Why this provider "does not wish to receive reports" ?

and why SC do not send them?

As has been reported here before, if they don't want the reports, SC won't send them. Wouldn't want to be a spammer, sending unwanted email.

• 8 months later...

As has been reported here before, if they don't want the reports, SC won't send them. Wouldn't want to be a spammer, sending unwanted email.

So, I'm getting a LOT of spam from blacklotus.net these days. They don't want to receive reports, fine -- when are you going to blacklist them, or tell me how I can blacklist them for automatic reporting? It's getting to a volume where "show source" "select all" "copy" "paste" is getting to be a drag.

Hi, aunatrl,

<snip>

when are you going to blacklist them

...That depends on whether they're the source of the spam (or just "mentioned" in the spam) and, if so, when reports from us users and/ or spamtrap hits meet the criteria -- see SpamCop FAQ (links to which appear near the top left of each SpamCop Forum page) item labeled "What is on the list?" especially the section labeled "SCBL Rules," for more (albeit not complete) detail.
or tell me how I can blacklist them
...Well, that depends on your e-mail provider and your e-mail client tool's capabilities. If your e-mail service provider will block or reject spams for you (preferably at the network "handshake" point, so they don't even accept the spam into their network), you can ask them. If your e-mail client tool allows you to block or move e-mails based on rules that specify internet header content, you can handle it that way. If all this seems like jargon to you, you may wish to refer what I've suggested to someone who "groks" e-mail networking concepts.
for automatic reporting? It's getting to a volume where "show source" "select all" "copy" "paste" is getting to be a drag.
...Blocking and reporting are mutually-exclusive. I don't think there's a way to "automatically" report in the sense I believe you're thinking; I'd suggest that once you've reached your saturation point, you can "JHD" (just hit delete).

Archived