Can't report spam?

meegja

Hello

Since a few days I can't report spam anymore. Every time I try: I process the spam and then in the next field I click "Send spam Report(s) Now". But when I do that, I get the following message:

Unreported spam Saved: Report Now

You have submitted spam which has not yet been reported. Please avoid re-reporting spam. If you have already reported this spam or do not want to report it, please make sure to click "cancel" instead of submitting the report!

When I click "Report Now" there, I get back to my original spam and I can report again ... seems like it's stuck in a circle. This happens to all the spam I rport now and is going on for a few days now.

Did I miss something or is something going on?

Thanx in advance,

Menno Jansen

The Netherlands

First quick questions.

How do you submit your spam? Individual web page submit (you should never have messages waiting), email, VER?

Are you sure it is the same spam? Many spam messages are similiar. Are the tracking URL's the same?

Did you somehow submit the same messages multiple times? I would hit the delete all unreported mesages and start again fresh.

I submit the spam through the site if that is what you mean with "Individual web page submit".

And yes, it is spam. I use Spamcop for a few years now and I know what is spam or not :)

I do not submit it multiple times. Allready deleted everything a few times but that also gave no effect.

But it all seems in order again now. I did not change anything but reporting is working again. :P

I submit the spam through the site if that is what you mean with "Individual web page submit".

Yes. I was trying to ask that to determine if you were actually sending the reports after processing the message or closing the browser without sending reports. That would cause the Unreported spam saved link to show up. Since it is now working, and you have been doing this for a while (information I did not have at the time), it was not relevant.

And yes, it is spam. I use Spamcop for a few years now and I know what is spam or not 

I asked if it was the same spam, not if it was spam. Did it have the same tracking URL as one you already processes or did the actual spam contain same message ID in more than one parse. Since it is now working, we may never know. These things could indicate a problem in the submission portion of the program (submits the same message twice) or the reporting side (sends the report but still marks the parse as unreported). Since it is now working, we may never know.

Archived