Cannot report Spam

Has anything changed for people in 'mole' mode? For the past week or so, I haven't received any reporting emails after using Report as spam function from within Webmail. I still receive about 5-6 screens of spam per day. Should I change to active reporting?

I've been a paying webmail user with a stable IMAP set-up for the past six months. As of a week ago, I can no longer use the quick reporting functions from within Webmail. I just tried to report held mail via mailsc.spamcop.net and got messages that 'your reporting privileges have been suspended'.

Have I done something wrong, and is there a way to fix this?

I don't know very much about the email side of spamcop, but if you have been using quick reporting and not checking the results, you may have reported a virus or something else not permitted by spamcop reporting service.

I think you should have gotten an email to that effect, however. If you didn't, then sometimes if spamcop gets a bounce (mailbox full, some other glitch), it will suspend the reporting account. Also, because of the mailhosts beta test, VER may be suspended. I know that you are not supposed to use quick reporting until you have successfully completed signing up for mailhosts. You may still be able to report by ordinary means.

Probably the best thing to do is to email deputies <at> spamcop.net to see why reporting was suspended.

Miss Betsy

I've been a paying webmail user with a stable IMAP set-up for the past six months.  As of a week ago, I can no longer use the quick reporting functions from within Webmail.  I just tried to report held mail via mailsc.spamcop.net and got messages that 'your reporting privileges have been suspended'.

Have I done something wrong, and is there a way to fix this?

Write to service <at> admin.spamcop.net and include your registered SC email address and Don will tell you what the problem is.

Archived