Filtering Out Cyrillic (Russian) Characters

Up until approximately two weeks ago, I would receive 20 or less emails that went to my Held Mail folder. Then all of a sudden I started receiving 75 to 100 of these emails per day, and the uptick is due to emails coming from Russia. Can a filter be put in to immediately block and delete any emails containing Cyrillic characters? I have ZERO reason to receive ANY emails from someone from Russia. This is annoying and can be easily fixed with such a filter. Thanks.

Hi, cissp,

...Sorry to hear you are starting to experience a problem many of us have had. Please do a search (there's a search textbox near the top of this page between a white button labeled "Search for -->" and a blue button labeled "GO") with some relevant key words, such as "cyrillic" and peruse some of the many articles that are returned. If you still have questions after doing that, please return here and post them as a follow-up.

...Thanks and good luck!

Up until approximately two weeks ago, I would receive 20 or less emails that went to my Held Mail folder. Then all of a sudden I started receiving 75 to 100 of these emails per day, and the uptick is due to emails coming from Russia. Can a filter be put in to immediately block and delete any emails containing Cyrillic characters? I have ZERO reason to receive ANY emails from someone from Russia. This is annoying and can be easily fixed with such a filter. Thanks.

SpamCop Email IMO needs a update it's getting tired

If you activate Grey listing

http://webmail.spamcop.net/horde/imp/spamcop/preferences.php

By checking box

"Click here to enable greylisting"

then click the "submit" button, it will stop most spam getting to even the "held folder"

There is a 30 minute wait for email to arrive.

"White listing" will override this. With specific addresses or specified addresses arriving immediately

You can just put a domain in whitelist like

com.to

Result ALL email ENDING in "com.to" (do not use "" quotation marks) is then white listed

You can also get a excellent freeware program MAILWASHER for windows which has many spam filter options Cyrillic characters one of them (yes it can immediately send caught spam for SpamCop reporting via your super secret submission address )

Archived