"No Stupid Questions?"

turetzsr

• 4 years later...

Would I be safe in assuming the following email is spam and report it to SpamCop?  I've been searching for a little while and haven't been able to find anything (other than the usual "unsubscribing can create more spam" articles) on this type of email.  It's the first time I've seen a message like this.

Reply.txt

Unfortunately no one else can see the file you tried to load.  A better way would be to use the SpamCop.net web page to submit the email (spam).  You can stop before sending reports.  At that point near the top of the screen will be a long Tracking URL.  If you cut and past the Tracking URL into this thread then we can look at the spam, other things and then give you our opinion.  Later you can use the Tracking URL to return the the parser and Send the reports or Cancel them if you do not feel it is spam.

Yes, I would "send report now" if I were you.  It seems to me that the sender wants you to hit return and there by validating that your email address is valid and someone reads the email.  Same-same as "unsubscribing" only different.

Archived