Noob question, help needed.

luckybabe

I tried to reply an email but gets a “failure notice†from yahoo mail.

“Sorry, we were unable to deliver your message to the following address.

<XXX[at]XXX.com>:

Remote host said: 553 Access Denied. Please Visit http://www.spamcop.net for details [bODY]â€

I want to know if it is my Internet Service Provider, entire yahoo mail, the receiver’s email or my own yahoo account being blacklist.

What I can do to exit from such blacklist and send email to the person I want to contact?

What ways I can do to avoid being blacklist again after I manage to exit for such blacklist?

Well, I can tell you that the two different "proxy" (so named) IP addresses from singnet.com.sg that you used firstly to register with this forum and then to post your query are extensively listed in various public blocklists (but NOT SpamCop's, as Don has said). Significantly, those listings include the CBL with evidence of two different exploits operating through those two addresses. That would also indicate that machines on that network have been sending direct to the internet rather than through singnet.com.sg's SMTP servers as they should.

If you look at http://www.senderbase.org/lookup?search_string=220.255.1.1 (the display includes both of "your" IP addresses) you will see that the network has significant problems with those "proxy" servers. I understand that Yahoo maintains its own blocking list and it may be that it is currently blocking any webmail or SMTP messaging from that tranche of addresses, independently emulating the public real-time blocklists. If so, using IP addresses from elsewhere in the network might solve your problem. I'm guessing the support from singnet.com.sg is minimal but that's where you should be going for answers and solutions (if they are your service provider), I think.

Wander around the internet these days using a connection called "proxy=something" and I think you are going to find quite a few walls here and there, blocking your access.

Moved to the lounge - no evident SC mail connection (nor bl).

<snip>

I want to know if it is my Internet Service Provider, entire yahoo mail, the receiver’s email or my own yahoo account being blacklist.

...From the information you've provided, the message appears to be rejecting contact from the outgoing e-mail server of your e-mail provider or your internet service provider.
What I can do to exit from such blacklist and send email to the person I want to contact?
...We aren't able to answer that question without more information; it's possible that no one here can answer that question at all. The administrators of the IP address being blocked would have to work it out with the administrators of whoever is doing the blocking.
What ways I can do to avoid being blacklist again after I manage to exit for such blacklist?
...Find another e-mail or internet service provider that better controls its spammers and protects its customers from being captured by botnets.

Archived