When I first went to paste the received 'SpamCop account configuration email' at the given web address, it barfed at what it saw as a mismatch in the three duplicates of the 'X-SpamCop-Conf:' code.

They all looked the same on the web display, but when I went back and looked at the mail source, it seems that something - maybe SpamPal; maybe this horrible OE I use for picking up the mail account in question - had added dozens of whitespaces to the end of the

X-SpamCop-Conf: MFkwL1FsWVFKx3WS                        

in the mail header.

So I edited 'em in Notepad, and re-pasted the mail. This time it accepted the config. If I've done wrong I want to give myself up, but perhaps it might be an idea to strip off any whitespace crud when you parse these lines.

Oh, and: I realise my mail client is stupid, but I've been using it on this email account since Dawkins was a boy. Outlook proper and Turpike deal with other accounts.

CD

When I first went to paste the received 'SpamCop account configuration email' at the given web address, it barfed at what it saw as a mismatch in the three duplicates of the 'X-SpamCop-Conf:' code.

They all looked the same on the web display, but when I went back and looked at the mail source, it seems that something  - maybe SpamPal; maybe this horrible OE I use for picking up the mail account in question - had added dozens of whitespaces to the end of the

X-SpamCop-Conf: MFkwL1FsWVFKx3WS                        

in the mail header.

So I edited 'em in Notepad, and re-pasted the mail. This time it accepted the config. If I've done wrong I want to give myself up, but perhaps it might be an idea to strip off any whitespace crud when you parse these lines.

Oh, and: I realise my mail client is stupid, but I've been using it on this email account since Dawkins was a boy. Outlook proper and Turpike deal with other accounts.

CD

That's interesting -- so the X-header had blanks added to the end? Good catch. If you happen to have the source for those headers around can you paste them into an email to me? Might as well paste in the body text also. TIA

Archived