run-together URLs

mrmaxx

I know, I know... SpamCop really only cares about the source of the spam. That being said, it does offer to report spamvertised URLs....

Tracking URL for reference....

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5615348525z5...79bb7e3f2beaacz

Anyway, in the above spam, there are a number of URLs where the spammer left off the "/" between the .com and the rest of the link. That may be obfuscation or it may be just random URLs inserted to pad. I don't know. But it would be nice if SpamCop could figure that out and "fix" the URLs to allow them to be reported.

...Ain't gonna happen, nothing to see, here, please move on (to paraphrase the cop on "South Park"). :) <g> It would likely take too much time (including computer time) and effort; as has been pointed out many, many times, SC relies on fealty to proper e-mail and internet standards to do its work and that was an intentional and considered decision. You might try Knujon and/ or Complainterator as an alternative, as these are tools specifically designed to handle spamvertizing.

...Ain't gonna happen, nothing to see, here, please move on (to paraphrase the cop on "South Park"). :) <g> It would likely take too much time (including computer time) and effort; as has been pointed out many, many times, SC relies on fealty to proper e-mail and internet standards to do its work and that was an intentional and considered decision. You might try Knujon and/ or Complainterator as an alternative, as these are tools specifically designed to handle spamvertizing.

Ok. It was just a thought. :)

Archived