Req: New option to auto-delete messages

I would like the ability to auto-delete (i.e. with no interaction on my part), any messages where the subject contained specific words/phrases. Plus the ability to maintain my list of phrases. Currently a lot of my held email is v. obviously spam based on the subject line and I could save myself some time if I didn't have to scan them all before deleting. I know that spammers like to replace real words with something similar (E.g. V1codin) but enough don't (or only change infrequently) to make such a scheme worthwhile.

If you are using spamcop's webmail, you could do this with a set of filters set to either move to trash or discard. Filters can be made to work on all folders with a configuration switch.

Otherwise, you should be able to do this on your local client.

Filters only get actioned when I log in. It is pointless doing it on my local client as that means I have to download the headers (at least). If I'm on holiday dialling in via a mobile phone at 9600, this is not a realistic option.

As I said, I would like emails whose subject contains words from a specific list of phrases to be automatically deleted without any action on my part.

This would reduce my workload substantially.

Archived