Áö±Ý@popgate.cesmail.net

dra007

Lately I have been getting spam with Spamcop e-mails spoofed in headers. The IPs seem to originate from same as always comcast and the like ISPs.

Has anyone noticed this trend?

Not that it makes a difference but it's a sure sign that the spammers are aware of spamcop reporting.

Lately I have been getting spam with Spamcop e-mails spoofed in headers. The IPs seem to originate from same as always comcast and the like ISPs.

Has anyone noticed this trend?

Not that it makes a difference but it's a sure sign that the spammers are aware of spamcop reporting.

...Not sure what you mean by "Spamcop e-mails spoofed in headers." Are you willing to share an example?

n==like the cesmail.net in the title of this thread. These are addresses that are never made public and used manly to sign in and check spamcop/webmail.

...Weird.

...In what component of the header does that appear -- the "From" address?

Yes, from, I got a few of them today. I know that doesn't get checked in reports, but if the e-mails addresses are valid, they may generate bounces... I will post one if I saved the report..

PS, here is one:

Received: from aluswiss.com.ar ([68.65.167.239]) by mc10-f40.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824);

Thu, 6 May 2004 19:28:56 -0700

Subject: Meet sexy girls or men in your area for discreet encounters

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 21:28:50

Message-Id: <810._________2575[at]prigb.com.ar>

Yes, from, I got a few of them today. I know that doesn't get checked in reports, but if the e-mails addresses are valid, they may generate bounces... I will post one if I saved the report..

PS, here is one:

Received: from aluswiss.com.ar ([68.65.167.239]) by mc10-f40.hotmail.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6824);

Thu, 6 May 2004 19:28:56 -0700

Subject: Meet sexy girls or men in your area for discreet encounters

Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 21:28:50

Message-Id: <810._________2575[at]prigb.com.ar>

...Yep, the From address, which everyone with any sense ignores since it's easily forgible. But that's not your point, is it? :) <g>

...Normally, I don't look at the From address very carefully when I report spam, so I may have gotten these and not noticed.

...Since others have reported in these fora that they have been victims of direct (presumably e-mail) attacks from spammers since they've become spam reporters, I guess I'm only mildly surprised that this is happenening, although I'm a bit surprised at the use of cesmail.net as opposed to spamcop.net. Of course, it may just be that they're aware of cesmail because reports are sent by cesmail. Is that the case?

I presume so, these are obvious spams in content and some people report bounces from filters that use e-mail address. When I first started reporting, I got a lot of bounces of e-mails which had my e-mail address forged in the header. I don't know what purpose this serves other than I have noticed it recently. I was wondering if its becoming a new trend.

I presume so, these are obvous spams in content and some people report bounces from filters that use e-mail address. When I first started reporting, I got a lot of bounces of e-mails which had my e-mail address forged in the header. I don't know what purpose this serves other than I have noticed it recently. I was wondering if its becoming a new trend.

...Judging by the number (and age) of other similar complaints, I'd say it is most definitely not a new trend. :) <g>

Archived