blocked_by_bl.spamcop.net smtp

I've been able to send mail to this individual without any trouble up until this morning. Our public IP isn't listed in your blocked list. I've read your FAQ's page but still don't understand why I'm unable to send mail to this person. All other mail that I'm sending is working fine.

Could someone please school me please?

Thanks,

Marty Nelson

-----------

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE: Specie code on display screen

Sent: 5/14/2004 8:44 AM

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

mgahl[at]Feedsys.com on 5/14/2004 8:42 AM

The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator.

< sccmmhc92.asp.att.net #5.0.0550_5.7.1_204.127.203.212_has_been_blocked_by_bl.spamcop.net smtp; Permanent Failure: Other undefined Status>

Martin,

Looking at the blocklist, it appears you share a server with a spammer, or your server is sending spam itself. The block will disappear within 48 hours of the last spam reported.

...Ken

204.127.203.212 listed in bl.spamcop.net (127.0.0.2)

Since SpamCop started counting, this system has been reported about 30 times by about 10 users. It has been sending mail consistently for at least 9.6 days. In the past 6.9 days, it has been listed 4 times for a total of 32 hours

* In the past week, this system has: Been reported as a source of spam about 10 times

* Been witnessed sending mail about 4220 times

* Other hosts in this "neighborhood" with spam reports: 204.127.203.201

A sample sent sometime during the 24 hours beginning Thursday, May 06, 2004 19:00:00 -0500:

Received: from -.-.-.net (-.-.-.net [204.127.203.212]) by -.-.-.com (-.-) with - id - Fri, - May 2004 - -

Subject: kenny st - that is moving - b -

http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblo...204.127.203.212

the ISP recieving the mail message is using the spamcop blocklist to filter incomming mail

an IP in the headers of the message is currently listed

if the IP is your's go here:

http://www.spamcop.net/reported.shtml

if it's not your IP, then talk to the owner of the IP and tell them to take steps to get de-listed

edit:looks like you got a similar reply in the time it took me to write mine.

204.127.203.212 is not our public IP.  Our ip is in the 12.x.x.x range.  Why would my email be associated with that other IP?

Thanks

Marty

If you are using AT&T as your provider then you are sharing their email servers and they have a spammer problem who is also using thier services.

I believe that is one of AT&T's business mail servers ( 204.127.203.212).

Once they remove the spammer the listing will go away 48 hours after the last reported spam.

Archived