No reporting addresses found for 64.21.76.69

Slickone

Your report does feed into the SpamCop block List, although as you noticed a report is not sent to the source, nac.net, because they have bounced 99 of the last 99 reports. ~~ SpamCop sees no point in using resources to sent the report AND receive the bounce.

You do understand that the spam will continue to be sent through the resources at nac.net until someone there cares enough to stop it. If you go back and look at the results in the tracking URL you listed, a report was sent to level3.com, it still takes someone at the bottom, nac.net, to stop serving the spammer.

If you read the report in your tracking URL carefully, you will see that this thread's subject is incorrect. abuse[at]nac.net was found for the ip, 64.21.76.69, BUT a report was not sent because abuse[at]nac.net has bounced all the past reports.

This all may be a matter of wording, but you did report "this" spam, SpamCop is using your report for historical information about this IP and they did send a report to the upstream service, level3.com.

If you would like to on your own sent an email to abuse[at]nac.net complaining about the spam from their IP you surely can. If you have better results that SpamCop we would like to hear about it.

Thank you.

Spamcop reported to me "No reporting addresses found for 64.21.76.69, using devnull for tracking.", so if my title is wrong, Spamcop is wrong. :)

Is it possible that nac.net bounces any email from Spamcop, thus an email directly from me might get through?

Tracking message source: 64.21.76.69:

Routing details for 64.21.76.69

[refresh/show] Cached whois for 64.21.76.69 : abuse[at]nac.net

abuse[at]nac.net bounces (99 sent : 99 bounces)

Using best contacts

No reporting addresses found for 64.21.76.69, using devnull for tracking.

As I said 'this may be a matter of wording.' The way I read the report "(from the) cached whois for 64.21.76.69 : (we found) abuse[at]nac.net (as an address to report abuse BUT) abuse[at]nac.net bounces ... (there for, although we found an address to send spam reports, there is) no reporting address found (For which it make sense to send a report)"

How would I know if your email would get through?

<snip>

Is it possible that nac.net bounces any email from Spamcop, thus an email directly from me might get through?

&nbsp &nbsp&nbsp&nbsp&nbsp That very well might be! It's certainly worth a try; the worst that can happen is that your attempt bounces, as well. :) <g>

Archived