Error Message

dddbbbdb

Hello,

I've been getting an Outlook error message lately that says:

A program is trying to access E-Mail Addresses that you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?

If this is unexpected, this may be a virus, and you should click "NO"

Well, I used to think that it really was a virus, or something wrong in Outlook, but today, I clicked on the report button for SpamCop and the message popped up again. Is there some setting in SpamCop to prevent this message and why is popping up?

Well, I used to think that it really was a virus, or something wrong in Outlook, but today, I clicked on the report button for SpamCop and the message popped up again.  Is there some setting in SpamCop to prevent this message and why is popping up?

I assume you are using a plug-in. Who's plug-in are you using?

What is a plug - in? 

I am using SpamCop software that automattically insertes itself into Outlook upon installation.

spamcop.net does distribute any software packages. Maybe you are thinking of spamcop.com. You'll need to take a look at the documentation that came with the software.

spamcop.net does NOT distribute any software packages.

Maybe you are thinking of spamcop.com. You'll need to take a look at the documentation that came with the software.

If this is the case, be very wary as there have been reports that this company is not entirely legitimate. Evidence of this are that they acuired the spamcop.com domain only when an email about it's renewal was misdirected and the automatic redirection of www.spamcop.com to vww.spamcop.com so you can not easily get back to spamcop.net.

spamcop.com advertizes the spam Inspector program. This is not associated with spamcop.net.

Archived