Will not be near computer for a while

I will be having surgery and do not know for how long I will be away from my computer as I will be going to rehab and may not even be able to use my computer when I get back home for a while. What do I do?

Not making light of your possible situation, but what you're asking isn't that unusual. People take vacations for instance. So let me first ask, what arrangements have you made for your other services, such as your ISP and that e-mail account? If you've a HotMail account and see the same spam load as most of us, that accounts is going to fill up.

To try to suggest what you do with your SpamCop account, one would ask how you're feeding your SpamCop account. If you're Forwarding or having SpamCop do the POP of your account, turn that off untill you're ready to use it again. If you're using your SpamCop account as a 'normal' e-mail account for contact with friends & family, decide how you want to handle that.

You make no mention of having any help, family, close friends, etc., but perhaps someone is around that you could trust and train to do some of the e-mail chores for you. Basically, I find it hard to offer much more of an answer without knowing more of your actual situation (i.e. the availability of close support, as mentioned .. how you use your SpamCop account, or the traffic that your account generates) Are you looking for a volunteer?

regina, i recommend you have somebody close to you, maybe a friend or relative, do your email duties. You have to give them your passwords of course so it must be someone you trust. My brother was just in US Army boot camp for 4 months, and I took over his email and bill paying. Good luck with your surgery.

Archived