Long weekend causes reporting problem

Very, very doubtful. The three-day limit was in place to allow for reporting the week-end traffic, but it's also stated that as there are so many reporters around the world, and also adding in all those that complain via means other than SpamCop, that if the spew hasn't been handled within those 3 days, it's not going to be handled.

That it would be nice to continue to feed the database for the really bad spam spew source IPs, allowing those reports to go out would tend to tick off those ISPs that had in fact handled things 3 or 4 days prior ....

Also, IMHO, there are enough reporters in enough different time zones and with wierd schedules so that spam gets reported quickly. I don't even bother to report yesterday's spam if I haven't had a chance to get to it in the evening. Chances are that the problem has been taken care of.

It doesn't even help to find the bl because the bl looks at the received date stamp, not the report date.

And even though you can't report it all, you should be able to report all but Saturday's.

Miss Betsy

I tried to report some spam after the four day weekend and found out that SpamCop won't accept anything older than three days. Can this be changed to four days?

qjvgpuryy

I've found that each source of my spam (that makes it through the BL) is listed within an hour of me being spammed. Consequently I do not report spam more than an hour or two old. (Neither did I want to spend the time to report the nearly 500 messages that made it though since Friday.)

Archived