Jump to content

Cannot configure my accounts & constantly get error messages

Recommended Posts

I have tried everything possible to be able to report and all I get is error messages.

Forwarding the spam to the address on the report page returns an error.

Copy and pasting the entire spam into the report box gets error ' cannot find recipient address'.

I registered my other mailhost accounts and forwarded them as attachments to:mhconf.XXXXXXXXXXXX[at]cmds.spamcop.net only to get a reply of 'Sorry, but SpamCop has encountered errors:
Headers not found.'

Next, I copied and pasted to here:

https://www.spamcop.net/mcgi?action=mhreturn. only to get an error message

Next I used Properties on Windows live mail (to reply to the mailhost email) selected Message and message source to copy and paste only to get an error message AGAIN.

I use Windows Live mail and Outlook.com on the internet but not all the mailhost email responses appeared in either WLM or Outlook.

Outlook doesn't have an option to forward as an attachment so I had to download the mailhost response email, save, then insert which yes, you guessed it - got an error message.

I could not find anywhere to get customer support as the address either bounced, the link was dead or I got another error message so signed up for this forum.

I was sent log-in details etc which didn't work so I had to reset the password.

Also, one of my WLM accounts doesn't get spam in junk mail folder for some strange reason so I went to Outlook and forwarded them to the WLM account only to realize my address is now live to spammers and started getting spam in my inbox. Outlook doesn't allow you to forward spam or save anything as an attachment.

I wonder if Windows 8.1 has anything to do with it? Windows 7 worked great for what I like doing. I deleted Windows 10 after a couple of weeks - hopelessly frustrating using it as nothing worked.

I am confused, frustrated and fed up having spent hours and hours working on this.

Probably the best answer is not to bother with Spamcop although I think it is doing wonderful things.

I am reporting spam and phishing emails to 7 other sources so maybe this is enough.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated,


Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you do a search for outlook on this form you will see members have had numerous problems reporting spam. Reporting while using webmail apps also has had trouble managing to get a valid header and the body of spam into the SpamCop's reporting system.

Reading your post I understand you have recently changed OS and I'm guessing updated the email system you are using. And it seems that your problem reporting started at the same time. If I am correct in my understanding, that would seem to be a place to start trouble resolution.

Reading again, it seems that all your issues revolve around correctly attaching or cutting and pasting complete email. This seems to be true trying to use the web report page, submit using email or configuring your mailhost with a new(?) spamcop account. Those issues are base in the email application.

Many use Thunderbird as an email application. I personally do, and have experience no problem.

I have also edited your post to hide your private submit address.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the quick reply I have 6 WLM accounts for various things and can't change that, I have Windows 8 and probably haven't used Spamcop since getting the new laptop last June.

When reporting, I get this without my email address:

Here is your TRACKING URL - it may be saved for future reference:

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

Add/edit your mailhost configuration
Finding full email headers
Submitting spam via email (may work better)
Example: What spam headers should look like

No tracking information found in header:
From: <sliversands[at]mail2consultant.com>To: <x>Subject: Re:                           ocmjsfuDate: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 06:29:36 +1100MIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: text/html;	charset="utf-8"Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V16.4.3564.1216From: <sliversands[at]mail2consultant.com>To: <x>Subject: Re:                           ocmjsfuDate: Fri, 11 Mar 2016 06:29:36 +1100MIME-Version: 1.0Content-Type: text/html;	charset="utf-8"Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 

X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V16.4.3564.1216

Are spammers getting smarter?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for the Tracking URL.
No spammers are not getting smarter, Windows is getting dumber.

Did you scroll down to the bottom of the page with the tracking URL? and see:

Probably not full headers - see FAQ:
Email software FAQ

The link is to a page full of advice for getting various email products to provide the FULL header.

There should be several "Received:" lines in the header. This is what the the parser is looking for to track the spam back to a verifiable source. This part of the header appears to be striped out by the windows application you are using..

The link to FAQ provides advice on how to deal with the situation. You should start there.

Let us know how that works out. There are sure to be others on this forum who have worked through the process.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...