Spamsource reporting outlook 2003

dodi123

Ok,

I am a new spamcop user but not new to spam reporting. I isntalled spamsource on outlook 2003 and everything seems to be working ok. Main reason I use it is so I can "click" on spamsource and it will automatically move spam to my junk email folder (with the added benefit of reporting it to spamcop).

I am into ease of reporting and have all spamcops auto responders go to a seperate outlook folder. I am doing this because I get about 400 spams a day and want a quick way of deleting / reporting them. If I do not click on the "use links to finish spam reporting" from spamcops autoresponder - will the email not be reported as spam to the spamcop community?

Thanks!

----

My question is, do I actually have to click on the message link to finish the reporting process (the autoreply I get from spamcop)

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT THIS SERVICE!

SpamCop is free. However, if you like the service please pay for it:

http://www.spamcop.net/upgradeaccount.shtml?asff23rqweewqrqr

SpamCop is now ready to process your spam.

Use links to finish spam reporting (members use cookie-login please!):

http://www.spamcop.net/sc?id=z5091asfasfasfsaffsaasffsafsa

The email which triggered this auto-response had the following headers:

Received: from vmx1.spamcop.net (sc-smtp1.verio.ironport.com [192.168.12.81])

do I actually have to click on the message link to finish the reporting process (the autoreply I get from spamcop)

Yes .. this is your chance to verify and agree that the parser results and the list of targets looks good, you're not reporting yourself, and that there's nothing else to get concerned about. Only after selecting the checked/unchecked boxes and then hitting the Send button does the database get updated and complaints actually go out.

Ugh,

That really defeats the purpose of a fast report.  Is their an easier way to do this?

Hi, dodi123!

...Yes: Jeff G.'s Guide to SpamCop Quick Reporting.

...It is highly recommended that you not use Quick Reporting! The reason is that it is easy to report your own ISP or e-mail provider, as many other users have discovered to their dismay. It is better to report fewer spam but correctly (and delete the rest) than to do a poor job.

Archived