Email from q.com blocked.

HUjorgen

I'm definitely not well versed in the topis I'm posting about.

Recently emails from one of my clients are getting blocked. I don't understand the error message but it seems that the smpt.q.com email server has been blocked/blacklisted. I have attached a screen capture of the email my client received when she sent the email.

It appears my email system has rejected this email. How can I resolve this?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Mike

SpamCop1.JPG

I went to http://www.spamcop.net/w3m?action=checkblock&ip=205.169.121.111 and got the following

205.169.121.111 not listed in bl.spamcop.net

My guess is that someone was using smtp.q.com to send actual spam, it got reported, and now the issue is resolved.  When spammers use legitimate email services, it usually gets solved much quicker with the affending party being kicked off.

On 3/09/2016 at 10:01 AM, gnarlymarley said:

My guess is that someone was using smtp.q.com to send actual spam, it got reported, and now the issue is resolved.  When spammers use legitimate email services, it usually gets solved much quicker with the affending party being kicked of

I checked with a page that checks multiple blacklists, and noticed listings on other DNSBLs. I'm inclined to agree that the IP address might have been listed, but has now been removed from Spamcop's list.

Archived