New Mailhost emails not being received

All it would take is the first. My guess is that Spamcop reconfigs don't happen very often since Spamcop itself seems to be fading away. I mean look at the forum traffic here. The last message prior to mine was maybe 2 months ago? (Not that Spamcop makes it easy to find the forums.)

:( I just tried again and still no email from the mailhost setup. I get spam report reply mails from Spamcop (which of course complain that my mailhost is not properly configured, duh).

Hostname verified: mail.vaptech.com

Possible forgery. Supposed receiving system not associated with any of your mailhosts

Will not trust this Received line.

Mailhost configuration problem, identified internal IP as source

Mailhost:
Please correct this situation - register every email address where you receive spam

No source IP address found, cannot proceed.

• 8 months later...

I think I have a similar symptom. I tried to configure mailhosts for my account @gmail.com and I accepted the default settings. Then Spamcop told me it had sent me 5 emails, each through a different SMTP server, as follows:

• alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
  • alt3.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
  • alt4.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
  • alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.
  • gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com.

in that order. I got the first four in the same sequence, but the last one never reached me. I dutifully pasted each of the ones I got (headers and data, just like when reporting spam) at the link contained in it, so I suppose it is OK. Each time, after submitting the received email, I was told it had been submitted successfully, and to visit the mailhost configuration page to make sure I had configured all my mail accounts (and yes, the only email account I'm still using is the one mentioned in the rolldown on that configuration page).

Archived