Mutiple Email Receive

Why do I keep receiving the same emails again and again.

I can get up to 10 copies of the same one emails!

This is happend the last 2 days and its very anoying!

BTW can someone give me the direct support email of spamcop.

I can't find it anywhere on the website.

I also notice that the last few days, I get more spam as usual.

Please someone from Spamcop help me with this issue ASAP!

Thanks.

Andy

PS: Please cc all your reply to inspira[at]cesmail.net. Thanks!

This is hard to answer, as there are some variables involved that you did not identify. For example, I can relate to getting the "same" spam, but actually, it's the "same" spam content coming in via different sources. Therefore, though probably sent by the same spammer, it's not the "same" spam as far as reporting goes. On the other hand, you might be using OE and you've got a corrupted .dll file, but that usually shows multiples of all e-mails.

http://www.spamcop.net/help.shtml is the entry to the SpamCop Help source. You'll note that that the first line of support is here or the newsgroups. With a core staff of about a half-dozen people, front-line support is better offered by tapping on other users that volunteer their time and knowledge. Well, at least that's the way it's been working for a number of years.

Thanks.

Have you bothered to look at a number of other Topics already posted on this subject? Have any of the answers and suggested already supplied been of totally no value? If not, then you're going to have to explain your scenario a bit better.

Sorry, that's not the way this thing works, and I don't recall it even having that function available.

This is hard to answer, as there are some variables involved that you did not identify. For example, I can relate to getting the "same" spam, but actually, it's the "same" spam content coming in via different sources. Therefore, though probably sent by the same spammer, it's not the "same" spam as far as reporting goes. On the other hand, you might be using OE and you've got a corrupted .dll file, but that usually shows multiples of all e-mails.

Ok, once again let me write again in English.

I've several emails on severals servers. I d/l all via POP3.

From Spamcop, I 've downloaded the emails via POP3 too then I login via Web (15 minutes later!) and I notice the same bacth of emails are not deleted!

And I don't click the option "Leave a copy on server"!

Today these error disapear! But all reported spam via email are not process too.

That mean, after I send the spam via email, I don't get the normal reply where I have to confirm once again.

http://www.spamcop.net/help.shtml is the entry to the SpamCop Help source. You'll note that that the first line of support is here or the newsgroups. With a core staff of about a half-dozen people, front-line support is better offered by tapping on other users that volunteer their time and knowledge. Well, at least that's the way it's been working for a number of years.

First, I don't know about that, normaly there is always a support via email.

I remember getting help via email months ago when I got some problem, thats why I asked!

I consider myself as a quite advance user. My error is normally unique.

I've search this forum and couldnt find any match.

BTW before I ask for help I also read the news first and couldn't find anything related to my error.

Beside, as you see this first line support doesnt help me at all. I only got one reply for you, which couldn't find the source of error!

Thanks.

Have you bothered to look at a number of other Topics already posted on this subject? Have any of the answers and suggested already supplied been of totally no value? If not, then you're going to have to explain your scenario a bit better.

Look! I receive a small number of spam everyday that could pass the filter of Spamcop.

In the last few weeks, it happend that on a day I received 10-20 spam which normally catched by Spamcop.

How do a rockie like me know about this, because the next few days the same spam that used the same relay where not there but filtered by Spamcop!

You could say, the open relay are just added to the list, well the same thing with the same relay happend again a few days later!

So, as if on that particular day or hour or seconds, there was an error in filtering the emails.

Thats the reason I asked this question.

If I increase the spam Assassin limit than I could miss some legit emails.

The current settings is acctually fine for me for the time being!

Sorry, that's not the way this thing works, and I don't recall it even having that function available.

There is an option "Enable email notification of replies" which have almost the same effect. I'm the one that should activate it!

But , yes, still I have to login to check it due to the policy here!

Back to the problem, have you done a checkup on your filtering system and mail server why those two error could occur!

Or one complain is not enough to start a thorough checking and the system is consider running well with no problem?

Archived